Do you have an egg shortage in your area?

bburned

Local time
1:28 AM
we have eggs, but there are not lots of them. one store yesterday didnt have any.

perfect storm of events have crushed the egg industry. how are your egg supplies.?

There have been eggs, though not always size/brand i want, and there certainly aren't as many, though that seems to be across the board on all kinds of foodstuff.

The commercially sold Eggs around Cowboyville are available, but very pricey!
In fact, I just bought a case (5 dozen) at our local Costco for half the price (or more at some stores, I saw 18count large Eggs today at Wally World at almost $9 usd :eek:) at any of the supermarkets.
I understood that the Avian Flu hit again back in October, I think.

We had a small shortage of eggs earlier this year, but it's been restored to normal levels now. It was also never as bad that there were none, they were just more expensive.

We had a small shortage of eggs earlier this year, but it's been restored to normal levels now. It was also never as bad that there were none, they were just more expensive.

Back in the 90s we had a subcontract for a project out of Tavoy in Myanmar (Burma) and the client, Total Exploration and Production, required all contractors to buy local products where/whenever possible. At the time the main contractor arrived on site, eggs were around 30 cents/dozen. Within weeks the greedy suppliers had put them up to $1.00 each and locals could not afford them. Total withdrew the requirement and thereafter they flew eggs in from Yangon (Rangoon).

Apparently there has been a shortage at the supermarkets (they are limiting the number you can buy) , but we get ours straight from the farm with our veg box and have not had a problem yet.

Eggs were back in force when we were at grocery today. Egglands Best was $5.26 for a dozen large and $7.62 for 18.

The commercially sold Eggs around Cowboyville are available, but very pricey!
In fact, I just bought a case (5 dozen) at our local Costco for half the price (or more at some stores, I saw 18count large Eggs today at Wally World at almost $9 usd :eek:) at any of the supermarkets.
I understood that the Avian Flu hit again back in October, I think.

Yeah, a lot of farmers had to euthanize their chickens due to a particularly nasty variant of Avian flu. They had to decontaminate and start new flocks.

I have seen times here where egg displays in the stores were empty, or close to it, but not on a consistent basis.

CD

Having my own flock, I don't tend to even look for eggs, but there are fewer on the shelves but not as a shortage. Our chooks on the other hand have us tripping over the eggs with them laying between 6 and 10 a day.

But i know my parents in the UK have stated they are finding them harder to get hold of.

Big shortage here. None to be had at trips to the market. When there are, prices are exorbitant. I spent $7.09 for a dozen at Lidl. That was an all time high. Average prices I find now are $4-$6+ a dozen depending on the store. My entire family LOVES eggs.

Big shortage here. None to be had at trips to the market. When there are, prices are exorbitant. I spent $7.09 for a dozen at Lidl. That was an all time high. Average prices I find now are $4-$6+ a dozen depending on the store. My entire family LOVES eggs.

I didn't know Lidl had stores in the USA. Looks like they are all in the Northeast US.

CD

The shelves were mostly full today at the local Walmart. Prices were rather steep, but not as bad as some I've read about.

CD

Back
Top Bottom