Do you have an egg shortage in your area?

I started to do research before our Hawaii trip and at the local Safeway, Lucerene 12 count large Eggs are $8.79 and the lowest price I found for local Eggs were $6.89, again 12 count large white Eggs by the way.
This is going to put a huge dent in my food budget ...

I started to do research before our Hawaii trip and at the local Safeway, Lucerene 12 count large Eggs are $8.79 and the lowest price I found for local Eggs were $6.89, again 12 count large white Eggs by the way.
This is going to put a huge dent in my food budget ...

That is expensive. Its half that price for a dozen free range eggs in the UK:

Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 21.50.34.png

Oh yes and its still happening. Egg prices have risen a lot. And there are free range chicken farms which have had to keep their birds indoors.

I actually just heard that the avian flu came to the US from Europe by way of migratory waterfowl, so it must have hit Europe first.

CD

At todays exchange rate USA eggs are £6.55 per doz, my wife said today that she would not pay £2.99 per doz until I told her what USA has to pay. She could not believe it.

If you look at the photo I posted above, the cheapest eggs work out to £3.27 per dozen, and the organic cage free eggs are £4.91 per dozen. Prices are higher than I'd like them to be, but I wouldn't say the sky is falling (cheap Chicken Little joke).

You Europeans need to save all the money you can on eggs to put gas/petrol in your cars. :eek: You folks are paying (on average) the USD equivalent of $6.87 per gallon. It is $2.99 er gallon at the Exxon station a few blocks from me. For a 15 gallon tank, that's about fifty-eight bucks more a tank.

CD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom