Do you have an egg shortage in your area?

Today at Wally World (Walmart) eggs were plentiful, and the ones I usually buy (organic) were $4.47 US per dozen. Non-organic, free range eggs were $4.23. The most expensive eggs I saw were about seven bucks, but I could not see any reason for that price.

CD

The egg scene at H-E-B today...

IMG_2207.JPG
IMG_2208.JPG

CD

My usual choice for eggs is more expensive than a year ago, but not a whole lot more. They seemed to have peaked a couple of months ago, and have been getting cheaper. Right now, I'd guesstimate they are 10 to 20 percent higher than they were before the bird flu crisis.

CD

I just did an online order for curbside pick up for my Mother with Wally World aka Walmart.
Great Value (that's one of the store brands) 12 count large white Eggs $2.79usd, that's so much better than it has been for the past few months, but still much higher than pre-bird flu at 99¢.

Eggland's Best for 18 large was $7.29 yesterday. A dozen was $5.79.

We bought NO meat other than about $14 of deli meat and a $14 pound bag of large wild caught Florida shrimp on sale from $20 for future, plus some Oreos for $5 on sale, 1 bag of chips, soda at B2G1, and a pack of 24 bottles of San Pelligrino water. The bill was $105. Everything else was produce or pantry.

Last edited:
Eggland's Best for 18 large was $7.29 yesterday. A dozen was $5.79.

We bought NO meat other than about $14 of deli meat and a $14 pound bag of large wild caught Florida shrimp on sale from $20 for future, plus some Oreos for $5 on sale, 1 bag of chips, soda at B2G1, and a pack of 24 bottles of San Pelligrino water. The bill was $105. Everything else was produce or pantry.

Eggland's Best eggs have been running around $4.50 here.

CD

Back
Top Bottom