Do you have an egg shortage in your area?

I thought I'd give this thread a bump. Eggs are back to a pretty good price here, and the shelves are fully stocked.

1694731468128.jpeg

CD

Guy used to deliver stopped during covid so supermarket free range was up to $ 12 dozen. Now about $9.
Lady at my wifes work has chooks so we are getting then from her at the moment for free
That fresh still has " stuff" around them.

Russ
20230915_124112.jpg

Guy used to deliver stopped during covid so supermarket free range was up to $ 12 dozen. Now about $9.
Lady at my wifes work has chooks so we are getting then from her at the moment for free
That fresh still has " stuff" around them.

RussView attachment 104823
She needs to clean those nests and the chook area out. That's coming in off their feet. I'd be very unhappy if my chooks were that dirty. 😕

We're tripping over eggs here. I've got 5 dozen in the fridge and am taking between 5-7 eggs a day at the moment. Also had the first broody of the season already. Laid 7 eggs and then decided it was time to sit on the nest for 21 days barely eating or drinking. Not happening girl.

She needs to clean those nests and the chook area out. That's coming in off their feet. I'd be very unhappy if my chooks were that dirty. 😕

We're tripping over eggs here. I've got 5 dozen in the fridge and am taking between 5-7 eggs a day at the moment. Also had the first broody of the season already. Laid 7 eggs and then decided it was time to sit on the nest for 21 days barely eating or drinking. Not happening girl.

What are you going to do with all those eggs given that you said elsewhere you can only eat one egg a week for health reasons?!

What are you going to do with all those eggs given that you said elsewhere you can only eat one egg a week for health reasons?!
Hubby eats quite a few and at certain times of the year I do as well.
The rest go to the food bank/hub and are given to those in need and when we're not over that way, hubby will also take them into work. Plus a few people ask me for them from time to time (neighbours, landlord/lady etc). They are sometimes traded for other fresh produce as well.

Back
Top Bottom