Do you like to read cookery books?

I don't use my cook books near as much as i used to. It is too easy to research on line and find multiple recipes for the same dish. I can pick and choose and combine ingredients and techniques.
That's what I do much of the time, though since joining here, I've used my cookbooks a lot more.

Which reminds me that we aren't running the Cookery Book Game currently. I'm still not sure how much demand there is for it.
I think a couple of us like it, but I also think it's a good idea to do what (I think) you've been doing, which is to rotate the challenges around a bit, so folks don't get over-challenged, so to speak.

I think it's fine to retire it for a couple of months while the cook-along or something else is going on, then give that one a rest and swap in the cookbook challenge, it keeps things fresh.

I think a couple of us like it, but I also think it's a good idea to do what (I think) you've been doing, which is to rotate the challenges around a bit, so folks don't get over-challenged, so to speak.

I think it's fine to retire it for a couple of months while the cook-along or something else is going on, then give that one a rest and swap in the cookbook challenge, it keeps things fresh.

Appreciated.

Shermie
Love your videos. A remarkable woman.

Check out Leah Chase. The "Creole Queen" in NOLA. Chef, Entrepreneur, Restaurateur, Cook Book author, Civil Rights Advocate, African American Art Collector. She did it all.

Agree, who needs a baby in it, I could have done that clip 1 to 2 minutes. Like I know how to cut up a chicken. :)

Russ

And I think that she cut up the chicken too much!! Who in the hell eats the neck & the gizzards? I wouldn't!! Save that to put in stuffing!! Also, I never cut the chicken where the back is left!!! Either it's part of the leg, or I freeze it & use it for soup stock! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom