Do You Use A Stool/Chair In The Kitchen?

Saw this orange one at Amazon. Ordered it. :whistling:

Yep. I just have a small one bedroom apartment but I take a chair from my dining set when cleaning out the fridge. Otherwise, I do all my food prep. sitting in the little nook where I have a table set with 4 chairs.

I am 5'4" so too short to reach the top of the fridge (where I keep my small appliances) so I use a stool for that. My caregiver is 5'3" so it's been weird for me to be taller than somebody. ;-)

Looks like a normal size one. Other apts. have smaller ones. I can fold the step ladder flat & put it between the computer desk & the entertainment center. Hah!! :whistling:

While I've got my step stool, I have not current plans to get a kitchen stool to sit on while prepping food. It is a good idea, I think, and I will consider it.

I will, however, be taking delivery today on two bonded leather dining room type sturdy wood chairs. In this big apartment, all I have to sit on is the crapper, my bed or my old rolling office chair which I don't want to roll all over the place. So I ordered these stationary sturdy leather bonded black chairs to situate in different places in the apartment or to have for possible guests.

Here are my new bonded leather sturdy dining room chairs ...

full.jpg

Now I have some additional places to sit down, but the instructions say that these can scratch the floors and to use some sort of padded carpet, etc. under them. So I have one more thing to go out and buy. I like the idea of some sort of mixed color woven thrown carpets.

Of course, these are keeping with my black theme.

We have a couple of bar stools at the breakfast bar in the kitchen and I'll often sit down for a few minutes between doing things to rest my back, but I always stand to prep food and cook.

I actually wish when we'd had the island added I'd asked whether it could have been raised up a couple of inches. It'd probably have looked a bit strange being a bit higher than the rest of the (standard height) worktops, but it'd be a lot more comfortable for me for food prep! I don't have bad back but because the worktops are a bit too low after a while my back starts aching.

I don't need a step stool to reach the top of the cabinets :okay:

Here are my new bonded leather sturdy dining room chairs ...

View attachment 61264

Now I have some additional places to sit down, but the instructions say that these can scratch the floors and to use some sort of padded carpet, etc. under them. So I have one more thing to go out and buy. I like the idea of some sort of mixed color woven thrown carpets.

Of course, these are keeping with my black theme.

Cheaper than a carpet - add some stick on pads to the bottom of each leg. I have a wooden floor and have done that with my dining chairs. That way the chairs slide nicely across the floor when you pull them out. Plus a hardwood floor is much easier to clean than a carpet.

These cost about $3

Cheaper than a carpet - add some stick on pads to the bottom of each leg. I have a wooden floor and have done that with my dining chairs. That way the chairs slide nicely across the floor when you pull them out. Plus a hardwood floor is much easier to clean than a carpet.

These cost about $3

View attachment 61288

Great idea. I have added this to my list of stuff to get.

Back
Top Bottom