Do You Use A Stool/Chair In The Kitchen?

We have a couple of bar stools at the breakfast bar in the kitchen and I'll often sit down for a few minutes between doing things to rest my back, but I always stand to prep food and cook.

I actually wish when we'd had the island added I'd asked whether it could have been raised up a couple of inches. It'd probably have looked a bit strange being a bit higher than the rest of the (standard height) worktops, but it'd be a lot more comfortable for me for food prep! I don't have bad back but because the worktops are a bit too low after a while my back starts aching.

I don't need a step stool to reach the top of the cabinets :okay:
When I designed my kitchen the worktops needed to be at a compromised height for myself and my wife. The fitted kitchen as bought "off the shelf" was too low for me so I installed a 100mm high plinth on which to mount it. It's just about adequate for both of us.

These are the new units but are still mounted on the 100mm plinth.

Last edited:
When I designed my kitchen the worktops needed to be at a compromised height for myself and my wife. The fitted kitchen as bought "off the shelf" was too low for me so I installed a 100mm high plinth on which to mount it. It's just about adequate for both of us.

These are the new units but are still mounted on the 100mm plinth.

View attachment 61385

Is that a drain in the floor? I would love to have a drain in my kitchen floor. Of course, the bottoms of the cabinets and walls would have to be waterproof, as it appears yours are.

CD

Is that a drain in the floor? I would love to have a drain in my kitchen floor. Of course, the bottoms of the cabinets and walls would have to be waterproof, as it appears yours are.

CD

Yes. Useful when swabbing the floor.

However, a bloody nuisance when we had the floods in 2013.

Back
Top Bottom