15g chopped fresh mint leaves
250g watermelon cut in chunks
100g cashew nuts
1 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoons pomegranate or cranberry juice
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar

Method
  • Heat a non stick pan on low heat. Score the skin of the duck breasts in a criss-cross pattern, making sure not to score the meat underneath.
  • Rub the salt and pepper into the skin of the duck and place in the cool pan. Soon you will notice the fat dripping out of the duck breasts. Every 5 minutes or so, drain the fat out of the pan and continue to cook on a slightly higher heat.
  • Once the skin is crispy, flip the breast over and cook the other side for 5 minutes.
  • Take the breasts out of the pan and leave to cool for 10 minutes. Chop the coriander, mint, watermelon and cashew nuts and mix together in a bowl. Add the oil, pomegranate juice, soy sauce and sugar and mix.
  • Slice the duck into bite size pieces and add to the salad.
  • Serve.

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/29015/duck-and-watermelon-salad.aspx?o_is=Hub_TopRecipe_3

My grandmother makes duck a lot of times and they usually eat it with steamed cabbage.
Watermelon sounds a little bit excessive to me, I mean the texture and all the watery juice coming out from the fruit, how will it work with the duck?
Would taste it, anyways.

Well here is an interesting one. Just when I thought the melon recipes were going slowly I come back to all these exciting recipes this one included. I have not had a lot of duck in my lifetime but I see soy sauce, brown sugar and the other ingredients and this has to be good. I like my meat wet so the melon would be a fun experiment for me. I never really follow a recipe but the ingredients are a good start.

Back
Top Bottom