Earworms...

Well, you know how I mentioned ā€œCā€™est La Vieā€ earlier? Sort of a curse for a musician, but I now have an earworm of a group of songs that would work as one long medley (similar tempo and rhythm) strung together:

Cā€™est La Vie - Emmylou Harris
Ballad of John and Yoko - Beatles
Sister Golden Hair - America
You Make Loving Fun - Fleetwood Mac
Six Days on the Road - Dave Dudley

Different snippets of each keep playing in my head, stitched up in differing orderā€¦Itā€™s a šŸ¤¬ eardragon!

I had spent the whole of the day blissfully unbothered by earworms but visiting this thread made me think of a tune to sum up the day.
As we exchanged contracts on my boys apartment after a negotiation that was difficult I now have the Steve Miller Band's 'The Joker' reverberating around my bonse!

šŸŽµ I'm a winner, I'm a grinner, I'm a midnight sinner, play my music in the suuuuunn šŸŽµ

I had spent the whole of the day blissfully unbothered by earworms but visiting this thread made me think of a tune to sum up the day.
As we exchanged contracts on my boys apartment after a negotiation that was difficult I now have the Steve Miller Band's 'The Joker' reverberating around my bonse!

šŸŽµ I'm a winner, I'm a grinner, I'm a midnight sinner, play my music in the suuuuunn šŸŽµ

Steve Miller, a Dallas boy... er, man. The Joker and Jungle Love were big favorites of mine back in the day.

The classic rock station I listen to here plays Fly Like and Eagle on a regular basis. That gets stuck in my head when I hear it.

CD

Last edited:
Having had the "1970s" thread running on the TV, I'm glad to say that sodding Maria Mercedes has disappeared.
I'm only hoping whe will be replaced by something calming, like a JS Bach cello concerto.
However, the most likely thing is that I will leap out of bed at 3am and scream:
"
Tie your mother down
Tie your mother down
Lock your daddy out of doors
I don't need him nosin' around
Tie your mother down
Tie your mother down
Give me all your love tonight"

Tie your mother down

I haven't smoked weed in a long, long time, yet somehow, I've got The Doors stuck in my head.

I'll tell you 'bout Texas radio and the Big Beat
Soft, driven, slow and mad, like some new language. šŸŽ¶

CD

I went to bed at a reasonable hour, and woke up five hours later. I couldn't go back to sleep, and had Teacher by Jethro Tub stuck in my head.

Yesterday, I started the car, and George Thorougood was playing on the radio. I hit the mute button on the steering wheel within a few chords, and prevented an earworm catastrophe. :eek:

CD

ā€œTemptation eyes, looking through my my myyyyy soul. Temptation eyes, you got to love me, you got to love meeeeeeā€¦.tonight!ā€

I'll have Charlie Robinson tunes stuck in my head for a few days. I just read that he died today at age 59. He's had health issues for a while, and they caught up to him.

He was one of the VERY few Country Music artists I genuinely like. He was a storyteller. Not shallow stories, either. Some of them got pretty deep -- and some a little dark.

Here is one of my personal favorites, and it is stuck in my head right now.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg1pYtoWL6c

CD

I had an interesting drive to the store. It started by going off the rails on a crazy train. I was able to get back in black, though. Then it was all life in the fast lane, which inevitably led to some Californication. :ohmy:

But, it's all right now.

CD

Back
Top Bottom