Easter feasting 2022

As DH & I were on our way to pick up my Mother to take her out to Easter Supper, one of our car tires
BLEW UP!
We pulled over and just looked at each other... what now? Do you know how to change a tire? No! Do you? NO!
Just then a local tow truck cruised by and I waved... He pulled into the closed grocery market's parking lot and asked, Need Help?
Yes please.
There was no way on God's green Earth that we would have been able to do this... DH said, I haven't changed a tire in decades, me, never!
Within no more than half an hour of pulling over we were headed back home, covered in filth from just trying to get that dang spare and jack out of the backend!
I called my Mother explained what happened and apologized that we'd need to cancel and that I'd call her later.
She sounded terribly disappointed but what are you gonna do?
DH said he feels so guilt that he wants to, once we get the tire situation sorted, take her out to eat twice next week!

SO!
Long story ... here's our Easter Feast 2022

IMG_1529.JPG

A Clubhouse Croissant with chips/crisps for DH and Coleslaw for moi (and a big glass of wine!).

As DH & I were on our way to pick up my Mother to take her out to Easter Supper, one of our car tires
BLEW UP!
We pulled over and just looked at each other... what now? Do you know how to change a tire? No! Do you? NO!
Just then a local tow truck cruised by and I waved... He pulled into the closed grocery market's parking lot and asked, Need Help?
Yes please.
There was no way on God's green Earth that we would have been able to do this... DH said, I haven't changed a tire in decades, me, never!
Within no more than half an hour of pulling over we were headed back home, covered in filth from just trying to get that dang spare and jack out of the backend!
I called my Mother explained what happened and apologized that we'd need to cancel and that I'd call her later.
DH said he feels so guilt that he wants to, once we get the tire situation sorted, take her out to eat twice next week!

SO!

View attachment 83844
A Clubhouse Croissant with chips/crisps for DH and Coleslaw for moi (and a big glass of wine!).
I've had similar over the years. In the last 2 weeks hubby has had a flat. I can still change the wheel on his vehicle*, but I can't even move either of my spare wheel on my vehicle (it's common to have more than 1 spare on 4×4 vehicles especially when you go off a sealed road a lot). The only flat I've had on my 4×4 was the day I was actually taking it to the garage for a service. I arrived there with less than 10psi in it. Thankfully off road tyres are designed to run at such low pressures, so it was fine, just a bit odd driving with only 1 going low (rear passenger).

*since my hip replacement, I'm considerably better than I was previously but both vehicles have breakdown cover that dictates a 2 wheel drive vehicle has to be able to reach you. Dedicated 4×4 cover is available but I don't see the point at present because we only very occasionally go down 4×4 only tracks, plus there is always others there who will help out willingly. If we were going to do a serious off road trip rather than a few km down the road to camp, we'd not hesitate to get proper 4×4 rescue cover.

BLEW UP!
Yes please.

SO!

View attachment 83844
Hey, do you have full coverage insurance? Generally roadside assistance is included. We have nationwide, and it's included in our policy. I had a flat a few years ago, about 30 minutes after I called the RA guy he came and put on the spare for me.

There's this place in Austin, TX I love caled the Green Mesquite that serves smoked BBQ wings. Omg so good!

I sometime smoke chicken, including wings. You just have to go easy on the smoke, because chicken soaks it up like a sponge.

CD

I like to empty the garden shed at the beginning of spring and give it a good clean-up and the webber just happens to be in there..May as well fire it up..

I'm fortunate that the weather here allows me to leave my Webers (kettle and gas) out on the patio to use all year.

I do keep my prized 1995 Weber "redhead" kettle in the garage. I rarely use it, but there are so few of them left, and they will never make that exact color again. The dyes in the ceramic coating powder are carcinogenic when in powder form. The grills are safe to use, but the powder form of the coating is very hazardous to workers.

The color of these old "redheads" actually changes when the grills get hot. The hottest areas get darker.

RedWeber1995.jpg

CD

Last edited:
That would last about a week in my house. Sandwiches, soups, ham and eggs, and just snacking.

CD
I'd have to freeze a bunch of the ham. We only eat it in bean soup or diced in eggs (omelets and such).

Back
Top Bottom