Easter feasting 2022

Ham, (fried) egg and chips (fries) is a favourite here - mustard on the side.
I'll have mine with bacon, please. But the fries, mustard, and eggs are fine! I just have a problem with big pieces of ham sitting on my plate. Lots of Muricans love it. I never have and don't know why. I don't mind it chopped up mixed in something else and I love it in bean soup, cooked until it's soft and falling apart. Yum. Oh, and I also like it in cordon bleu, but it's sliced thin and not a prominent flavor there. When I was young my mother always made this nauseating glazed ham with pineapple rings and maraschino cherries. UGH.

If I am invited somewhere for a holiday gathering and ham is the entree meat option, I will usually either eat something before I go and snack on appetizers, or just load up on the side dishes and take a tiny, teeny, itsy bitsy sliver of the ham just to be polite. I always hope there's turkey or something else available, but most people don't have two main meat dishes.

Ham, (fried) egg and chips (fries) is a favourite here - mustard on the side.

That would be very much like ham and eggs with home fries in the US. Mustard on the side is new to me.

I prefer my eggs scrambled (and I couldn't find a decent picture with fried eggs).

Screen Shot 2022-04-18 at 5.48.52 PM.jpg

CD

The Easter egg mountain is still a hill on the table. From the 9 eggs and 2 boxes of chocolates, we are finally down to 6 eggs. We finished off 1 box of open chocolates whilst out hiking yesterday. The planned hike changed whilst we were out from a 6km walk to an 11km one because the fire trail we were walking was very steep, too step to realising return down (hubby has 1 ankle fused due to arthritis and that as we now know, means some things a difficult for him to walk such as really steep slopes where it's difficult to use toes only. The trail was bending his ankle passed where it has been fused... so at the top of the climb, and a lot less distance in than expected we had a chat about a better route down. We knew of one that was a made/maintained footpath and was fine for him, so.... anyhow it meant that the route was longer than expected, so the chocolate was broken out at lunchtime...

So we are down to 6 Easter eggs. I suspect they will take another couple of weeks to get through because even splitting half an egg between us each day will still take 12 days and we don't usually eat that much chocolate.

Anzac day here tomorrow so public holiday here. Sons home a day early today so they can make family dinner tomorrow night.
Yesterday bought a half ham $80 so I'll do glazed ham tomorrow.
Basted with bourbon, apricot sauce, honey grain mustard and maple syrup.
Sides new potatoes and salads.
Be good to se everyone again.

Russ

We had some Easter Eggs left over because grandson was here last week.
I tried a Cadbury´s Milk Chocolate egg.
Yuk and double yuk. What have you done to my beloved Cadbury´s, Mondelez???
The first taste was of sweetened, boiled milk, then an overdose of sugar. If there was any real chocolate in it, it was a remote , wishy-washy taste.
Triple yuk.

Back
Top Bottom