Easter feasting 2022

Not really. There was far less "Bacteria!Food poisoning!! Salmonella! E-Coli! OMGwereallgoingtodie!" :hyper::hyper::hyper: hysteria back then.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, and I rode a bicycle without a helmet, sat in the front seat of a car when I was under 80 pounds (I don't think I ever wore a seat belt until I was in my 30s), climbed trees, and all kinds of other dangerous stuff. It's a wonder I have lived so long.

Easter is just another "holiday" for me, although my wife is a practising catholic.
Tomorrow I´m taking the whole tribe (wife, 3 sons, wives and grandson) down to visit my folks.
Bought some of these for the old dear - she´ll love them, especially since I bought them in Fortnum & Mason´s. My dad will also enjoy them, but I doubt he´ll know what they are.
Hot Cross Buns, for me?
Take ´em or leave ´em.

Omicron cases on the rise..My brother and sister cancelled for tomorrow..I went to the city to have dinner out with my kids last weekend because everybody had complicated schedules this holiday weekend..Looks like beer and wings and starting the yard work tomorrow..yipee!

Omicron cases on the rise..My brother and sister cancelled for tomorrow..I went to the city to have dinner out with my kids last weekend because everybody had complicated schedules this holiday weekend..Looks like beer and wings and starting the yard work tomorrow..yipee!

Sounds similar to my Easter Celebrations. I'm down to my last pair of clean underwear, so I may partake in the holy sacrament of laundry.

Wings sound like a good idea. Toss them on the grill (bbq) this time, instead of fried.

CD

Sounds similar to my Easter Celebrations. I'm down to my last pair of clean underwear, so I may partake in the holy sacrament of laundry.

Wings sound like a good idea. Toss them on the grill (bbq) this time, instead of fried.

CD
I like to empty the garden shed at the beginning of spring and give it a good clean-up and the webber just happens to be in there..May as well fire it up..

View attachment 83772

Hot cross buns (mainly for me) and a specialty item for MrsT - a blackberry cobbler cream puff, of sorts.
I want to point out that I assumed the bottom of that cream puff was just choux pastry, since it had that sugary crackle on it and the blob of buttercream, but no. It was filled with blackberry custard.

Blackberry. Custard.

CD
There's this place in Austin, TX I love caled the Green Mesquite that serves smoked BBQ wings. Omg so good!

Windigo - I love that little butter bunny! Did you buy that or do you have a mold for that and you do it yourself?
I would love to own such a mold, but no, I have never seen one for sale. However, these bunnies are a standard feature in supermarkets around this time so I always buy one because it looks so magical.

I have recently bought these lucky fish pudding molds:

Those are usually available around Chinese new year. I will see if I can find a bunny mold, if I do I'll let you know!

Back
Top Bottom