Easter feasting 2022

Here in the UK its a big excuse for chocolate particularly in the form of chocolate Easter eggs. Don't you have them in the USA?
I love those Cadbury creme filled eggs that make my teeth hurt. But I haven't eaten one in probably 30 years.

I don't celebrate Easter, I did it when the kids were little and before the pandemic MIL would have everyone over for Easter dinner. I really only went for the wine and food (and of course the great company). The hand-holding prayer thing before eating always made me feel uncomfortable. MIL doesn't know I am mostly agnostic and not a Christian...what she doesn't know won't hurt her I suppose so I don't plan on telling her at this point.

We’re having ham and potatoes au gratin, I know that much, probably a salad, and I think I’ll make deviled eggs because the devil is the opposite of Jesus, I guess, and eggs, um, come from giant rabbits?… and, um…now I know why I’m atheist! :laugh:

Not a ' very ' traditional Easter this year as my oldest stepson will visit and he's very picky.

We're having some other guests too but not the gourmet kind so we're offering devilled eggs, stollen, easter chocolate and potato chips as snacks because we're playing board games all day .

Then after we'll have fries and snacks. That will make these guests most happy .

I love those Cadbury creme filled eggs that make my teeth hurt. But I haven't eaten one in probably 30 years.

I don't celebrate Easter, I did it when the kids were little and before the pandemic MIL would have everyone over for Easter dinner. I really only went for the wine and food (and of course the great company). The hand-holding prayer thing before eating always made me feel uncomfortable. MIL doesn't know I am mostly agnostic and not a Christian...what she doesn't know won't hurt her I suppose so I don't plan on telling her at this point.

TVC likes his creme eggs, I went off them years ago.

Hey All, I know I have been a little AWOL. That does not mean that you have not been in my thoughts and conversations. I have not seen stepson, DIL or Grands in over a year. We spent the weekend at our camp on Toledo Bend. Toledo Bend is a man made reservoir on the Sabine River. The Sabine is the border between Louisiana and Texas. The dam at the south end of the reservoir provides hydroelectric power.
Long story short, we spent a long weekend with G's son and family.
Everyone is good for something. I am not good for much but I can cook and feed my loved ones. We all arrived late Thursday evening so we ate sandwiches. Friday evening I roasted a boneless chicken stuffed with spinach and artichoke, mushroom Risotto. salad and garlic, parm R French bread. The guys went fishing Saturday morning. Dinner was Grilled burgers. Sunday I made an old fashioned pineapple glazed ham with garlic smashed potatoes, glazed carrots, salad and parm R garlic French bread. I also brought a pan of lemon squares and two loaves of fresh baked white bread. It was a beautiful weekend. A little chilly Friday, perfect weather Saturday and Sunday. The guys caught a nice mess of Sac a Lait (white perch). We drove home today (Monday). G had to visit the clinic for his monthly INR test (Coumadin level). He also had an appointment with his Urologist this afternoon and a meeting of his Bass Club this evening.
We will have a late dinner. I cut potatoes into waffle fries. I have Sac a Lait fillets seasoned ready to fry. a late dinner tonight will be fried fish, waffle fries and salad.
Stepson, Daughter-in-law and Grand Daughter were very appreciative of my meals.
I did have a set back. We had sandwiches for lunch Friday and Saturday. I brought block cheese - sharp and mild cheddar and Jarlsberg. SS, DIL and GD opted for plastic cheese slices rather then real cheese. :hyper: Makes my teeth clench. I said nothing. G and I had real cheese on our sandwiches.
I will check in tomorrow. I have to finish washing clothes from the weekend and prepare dinner.
I'm familiar with Toledo Bend, my cousins live in Port Arthur (and Bridge City, Beaumont) and my niece is stationed at the Coast Guard Station in Sabine Pass. I've spent quite a bit of time in that area. Sounds like you had a nice time, that's wonderful!

TVC likes his creme eggs, I went off them years ago.

I think they are one of the most unpleasant foodstuffs ever invented. Enough said!

What I do like at Easter is a good hot cross bun. Here are some I made previously:

1649964595172.png

Back
Top Bottom