Eating with unfamiliar utensils

But you can't get your knees under it can you? In which case you must be leaning forward in the armchair to reach the food, cut it etc. That would seem to defeat the purpose of eating in a comfy armchair. Maybe I'm misunderstanding...
I guess now I'm misunderstanding, as whether I'm in a dining table chair or my couch or a stuffed wingback chair, at some point, I'm leaning closer to my plate in every situation.

Maybe we need some of those fancy drawings that show body position, like they use in car design labs. :)

Well, in order to make a considered assessment, what we really need is a photo of TastyReuben sitting in his comfy armchair and eating from the tray table :D

I'm always sat on the end of the sofa, but same principle. I don't find my body position appreciably different, whether I'm at the dining room table or the tray table.

Perhaps I have learned to adapt! :laugh:

Sofa! Sofa! bloody luxury
1604411977187.png

Here, just substitute me and my missus for the Reagans, and that's what it looks like (except I'd be on a sofa):

Ah - but those tray-tables have a space for legs to go under! One thing that strikes me though is how high the tray-tables are in relation to the body. They come to mid or upper part of the chest. I could not comfortably eat from something so high. Normal height for a dining table is around waist height.

Ah - but those tray-tables have a space for legs to go under!
So do the ones that we use, and the ones I posted earlier, your legs/feet would just sit to each side. I'm really starting to think you're just having fun at the expense of my trusting, literal nature!

So do the ones that we use, and the ones I posted earlier, your legs/feet would just sit to each side. I'm really starting to think you're just having fun at the expense of my trusting, literal nature!

Trust me I'm not. I take these matters very seriously.

In Thailand they often sit on the floor to eat (as Yorky will testify). If I got down to do that I'd probably not get up again!

But you can't get your knees under it can you? In which case you must be leaning forward in the armchair to reach the food, cut it etc. That would seem to defeat the purpose of eating in a comfy armchair. Maybe I'm misunderstanding...

No. You aren't misunderstanding. We had tray tables. One would have to sit on the edge of the chair or sofa in order to eat off it. The easiest method is to use it as a tray to hold items and just have the dish on one's lap to eat.

Wow! I wouldn't be able to eat in that room with those fabrics. :eek:

CD

The kitchen in my last house was painted red. The previous owners did it but I kept it because I liked it. Can't find the hard drive with those photos. However, there is a method to the madness. Colors evoke certain responses in many people which is used in how products are marketed to the public.

The color red raises a person’s blood pressure, heart rate, and causes hunger to be more prevalent. This is why many restaurants choose to have red table cloths on tables or red accents on the walls. Red is an excellent color to paint the main room of an establishment where food is sold.

Source: What Colors Make You Hungry? Palermo Cafe & Bakery

The raison d'etre of my dining table upbringing. Mum, we ate breakfast(7,30 am), lunch (13.00) and dinner (19.00) as a unit which made life for her easier. Dad, because he worked quite long hours at his businesses it was the only time he could guarantee seeing my brothers and me.
Neither of us generally eat breakfast. Lunch is quite simple but we sit at the table. Dinner is our main meal of the day. As my wife was brought up with a similar regime it is quite natural for us to sit at the table. Eating on any soft furnishings whilst watching the TV never happens.

The kitchen in my last house was painted red. The previous owners did it but I kept it because I liked it. Can't find the hard drive with those photos. However, there is a method to the madness. Colors evoke certain responses in many people which is used in how products are marketed to the public.

Source: What Colors Make You Hungry? Palermo Cafe & Bakery
My kitchen looks like this
C7FB081E-AFAB-4C8F-9DFB-5F2350CC2333.jpeg

I hate it lol I love wearing red but don’t like it in home decor

It does look dark in the cooker corner. Do you have lights built into the extractor unit?
The correct question is “do you have an extractor unit?” :D
But yes, it’s a bit dark there in the morning and end of the day.

The correct question is “do you have an extractor unit?” :D
But yes, it’s a bit dark there in the morning and end of the day.
We are okay with ours it's very white and stark , a bit like the dentists. I bought everything as cheap as chips from the previous owners. Croatians in general put the washing machine in the bathroom. I think it's a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom