Recipe en papillote lemon and curry cubed chicken

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
12:05 PM
This is "my" recipe. No google help. Cross your fingers and lets hope for the best.

I marinated the chicken in lemon juice, lemon zest, and curry powder for two days (planned on cooking it yesterday).

This made three individual packets.

Ingredients

2.5 boneless chicken breasts
three garlic cloves minced
shredded carrots
half of a yellow pepper sliced
fresh thyme
green onions
curry powder
1 lemon

Prepare foil/parchment paper.

I layered in this order.

Cubed Chicken
fresh thyme
shredded carrots
one minced garlic clove
sliced yellow peppers
green onions
a couple of dashes of curry powder

Sealed foil while leaving enough room in the packet to steam the chicken/veggies.

I'm serving it over seared asparagus and spinach.

I'll add the food prep pictures now. Then I'll add the finished product this evening along with a review of the dinner.

Thanks for reading.

B

20181124_110236.jpg
20181124_111034.jpg
20181124_110809.jpg
20181124_111214.jpg

Last edited:
Dd, this looks good, you say curry, is that store bought curry powder. My curry is a Garam masala mix I make from scratch. I also buy a Sri Lankan one as well. Do you have access to Indian shops??

Russ

Dd, this looks good, you say curry, is that store bought curry powder. My curry is a Garam masala mix I make from scratch. I also buy a Sri Lankan one as well. Do you have access to Indian shops??

Russ

I am hoping its home-made 'cos I know @detroitdad has made home made curry powder in the past.

Russ

mine is also home made.

I don't remember the measurements

Pretty much like mine, I love seeing people try their own recipes, so many variations, mine has pretty much like yours but add cassia bark and fennel seeds and a few other things. I have a big container with all my stuff in. I'd call you a pro with those ingredients.
Thanks for sharing.

Russ

Do you make like a bulk lot when you make it, ? I make enough to do about 10 curries at a time, I then halve it and add red colouring to half. ( been on here before) this is my tandoori mix then.

Russ

I make enough to almost fill this jar. I've been using it in a handful of different dinners which the family is really enjoying a far

20181125_083150.jpg

Back
Top Bottom