Recipe & Video Epic 30-Layer Chocolate Crepe Cake

ForeverFoodieLove

Local time
2:44 AM
This Epic Chocolate Crepe Cake has beautiful layers and a decadently delicious chocolate cream cheese filling! The flavor is unique and unforgettable!

Chocolate Crepe Cake 1.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 185 g Cake Flour
  • 50 g Sugar
  • 4 Eggs
  • 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
  • 500 ml Sweet Whole Milk
  • 70 g Salted Butter, melted
  • 400 g Cream Cheese, room temperature
  • 100 ml Heavy Cream, cold
  • 200 g Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Paste
  • 80 g melted Dark Chocolate
  • 2 tbsp Coffee
Instructions:
  • In a large mixing bowl, use a whisk to mix together Eggs and Sugar. Then sift in Cake Flour and Cocoa Powder. Add in 100 ml Milk. Combine well.
  • Gradually add the rest of the Milk and mix well. Then add the melted Salted Butter and mix well again.
  • Sift the mixture 2 to 3 times for a clean and smooth batter. Refrigerate the batter for 30 minutes.
  • In an 8-inch (20 cm) nonstick frying pan, on medium-low heat, add in Butter.
  • Then add around 1/3 cup of batter to the pan. Move quickly and swirl the pan to make the batter reach all the edges. Let the crepe cook for about 2 minutes. Then flip to the other side and cook for another 30 seconds.
  • Remove from heat and place it on a parchment paper on top of a wire rack to let cool. Repeat the procedures with the rest of crepes.
  • Once the crepes are cooled. On a cutting board, use a round plate to help form the circle. Cut off any excess part.
  • Put the crepes on a plate and cover with plastic wrap to prevent them from drying out. Set aside.
  • In a mixing bowl, add in Cream Cheese and Heavy Cream. Use a hand mixer to mix until well combined.
  • Add in Vanilla Paste and Condensed Milk. Mix well again!
  • Then add in Coffee and melted Dark Chocolate. Combine well.
  • On a cake plate or a cake stand, place one crepe. Add a thin layer (about 2 tbsp) of chocolate cream cheese filling.
  • Place another crepe evenly on top. Then add the filling again. Repeat.
  • Use filling to smooth the top and the sides to make a very pretty cake!
  • Chill the cake in the fridge for at least 2 hours or better over night.
  • Dust with Cocoa Powder and Dark Chocolate Shavings on top. Ready to serve!
View: https://youtu.be/xPuJ5BY7tus

I hope you will enjoy making it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great! I wish I had thoughtof crepe layerd cakes all the years I did baum torte. This would have been so much easier!!
Thank you. If you like crepes and I'm sure you will like this crepe cake. Just a bit of patience to lay them all out together :)

I probably won't go to the effort to cut them in perfect circles. I'll leave them a little uneven and call it rustic or artisanal or something like that. :)

Back
Top Bottom