Recipe Everything Bagel Crostini with Roasted Garlic, Scallop, and Shrimp Dip

JAS_OH1

Forum GOD!
Local time
7:45 PM

I love making crostinis from "everything" bagels as a snack, but they are even more awesome with your favorite dip! I made a hot scallop and shrimp dip with roasted garlic, mustard greens, baby organic spinach, artichoke hearts, cheese, white wine, heavy cream, bell pepper, and onion. The greens used can vary from spinach, kale, mustard, and others, but I liked the slightly spicy flavor of the mustard greens in contrast to the smooth, slightly sweet baby spinach leaves. And any type of seafood on hand will do just fine, I just happened to choose scallops and shrimp. The rich, creamy texture of the dip complemented the bagel crostinis perfectly! You can buy bagel chips (crostini) in the US already made, but they are easy to make yourself following the recipe I have included (link to the recipe below in the ingredient list).

This recipe takes about an hour and a half to prepare, including prep time, and is big enough to feed four people as an appetizer.

Here is the link for the recipe on making quick no-yeast bagels: Easy Air Fryer Everything Bagels - Simply Scratch

Note: the author uses sunflower seeds in the dough, I tried it and didn't like it, so I choose not to make them that way. Additionally, the author uses an air fryer but it's easy to bake these as well.

Ingredients
Everything bagel crostinis Recipe - Everything Bagel Chips (Crostini)
3 ounces chopped fresh mustard greens, thoroughly soaked and washed, with ribs and stems removed
2 ounces chopped fresh baby spinach
2 ounces canned or jarred artichoke hearts, drained and chopped finely
2 ounces chopped bell pepper (I used orange)
1 ounce chopped onion (I used red)
1/2 bulb of roasted garlic, peeled https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-roast-garlic-in-the-oven-5341
6 ounces cream cheese
2 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
2 ounces shredded white sharp cheddar or similar sharp cheese
1/4 lb chopped uncooked shrimp
1/4 lb chopped uncooked scallops
2 tbsp white wine for deglazing seafood pan
2 tbsp heavy cream
1 tsp butter
1 tbsp panko bread crumbs
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper

Preparation method
Add onion, bell pepper, artichoke hearts, roasted garlic cloves, cream cheese, 1 ounce parmesan cheese, and 2 ounces of shredded white cheddar cheese into a small crock or small, shallow baking dish and stir together.

In a small skillet, add 1 tsp of butter and turn on high heat. Add the raw seafood mixture and cook on high heat for approximately 2 minutes, stirring constantly until lightly cooked.

Put hot seafood into the crock or baking dish containing the veggies and cheese. Stir in salt and pepper. Add the chopped greens and mix well.

Deglaze the seafood pan with the white wine, scraping all the stuck-on yummy bits and stirring until mostly reduced, then add the heavy cream. Turn off the heat and scrape the pan, pouring over the seafood/veggie/cream cheese mixture.

Add remaining parmesan cheese and panko bread crumbs over the top. Note: I also added crumbs from the everything bagel crostini baking sheet for additional flavor.

Bake in the oven at 350F for approximately 25 minutes. Garnish with chopped scallions.

Serve with warmed crostinis for dipping.

Bon appetit!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom