Fast food, convenience food and food snobbery

I have never had a brioche bun that wasn't soft and pillowy. They crush very easily. You had a stale brioche bun, which is a mortal sin. Sorry to hear that.

Five Guys is very good!! Another good place in Shake Shack, They even have beer. Both places do not freeze their burgers. They are made fresh every day!! :wink:

I've never been to a Shake Shack. Since you are in MA, I figured I go check their locations. I see there are a bunch near Boston and area, none out my way. Closest is one in West Hartford, CT. I'll check that out some day when I start travelling again. Would like to try!

A lot of people I know want meat, meat, and more meat when it comes to a burger - a high meat-to-other-stuff ratio.

I like a good bit of bread with my burger, so the bun is important to me.

I like to minimize the bread to food ratio. Mostly burger and toppings. Or that lettuce wrap. I can't find them out that often any more except at diners - the Patty Melt - the burger and cheese on toast. Have some tomatoes and onion and lettuce to the side, drop on a bit of mustard, and I'm good. (Or a side of sautéed onions and mushrooms.)

I do agree with MG that having an actual cut of meat is superior to having it ground - but I'll do it either way.

I love cheese that has cooked/melted like that. In fact, I just made Parm fricos/crackers for risotto recently. Also the fondue religieuse.

I just got a hamburger press from Amazon. I will start using it as soon as there is room in the freezer.

I visited a Five Guys about 5 months ago. The veggie sandwich was OK. However the Cajun fries were delicious. We patronize Shake Shack. Love their chicken sandwiches, 'shroom burgers and fattening shakes.

We get takeout pizza or tacos occasionally but that is more a matter of convenience then an actual desire for the food. The only fast food I regularly want, think about, plan to acquire, etc, is the Popeyes chicken sandwich. I rarely actually do it, but if a deep fried hug from grandma is what you want, that's the one that does it for me.

Back
Top Bottom