Fast food, convenience food and food snobbery

Saranak

Local time
5:24 AM
[Mod Edit: This post and following few posts moved from another thread to form a new topic]

You surprised me - you like McDonalds?
My Maria an her husband take me no McDonald but Burger King. I sit an look at it, I say Maria is this real meats? She say si mama. I say it seem for me box more to have in common with cow. I take one bite an ewwww no for me.

Sarana x

Last edited by a moderator:
My Maria an her husband take me no McDonald but Burger King. I sit an look at it, I say Maria is this real meats? She say si mama. I say it seem for me box more to have in common with cow. I take one bite an ewwww no for me.

Sarana x

But ofc. I won't eat Burger King either, I don't like it at all.

But seriously, I like McDonalds once in a while but don't go there more than 2 or 3 times in a year usually because I believe it's not very healthy and I can usually make better food at home. But I missed the restaurant experience, and McDonalds was the only thing available for me at the moment.

But ofc. I won't eat Burger King either, I don't like it at all.

But seriously, I like McDonalds once in a while but don't go there more than 2 or 3 times in a year usually because I believe it's not very healthy and I can usually make better food at home. But I missed the restaurant experience, and McDonalds was the only thing available for me at the moment.
Bella I find strange, you great chef an make great food for husband an you. I see picture you make an see a beautiful dish!!!

Sarana x

You surprised me - you like McDonalds?
Yes! Weird I know, bit it's historic. As a teen, back in the 80's, they were the first fast food outlet to open in our area. I may now have an issue with the principle of fast food, but from time to time I still crave a BigMac, Filet o' Fish, Double Cheese Burger, Fries, Apple whatever they called it, and a vanilla shake. And that was all in one sitting. I was a deprived child.

Yes! Weird I know, bit it's historic. As a teen, back in the 80's, they were the first fast food outlet to open in our area. I may now have an issue with the principle of fast food, but from time to time I still crave a BigMac, Filet o' Fish, Double Cheese Burger, Fries, Apple whatever they called it, and a vanilla shake. And that was all in one sitting. I was a deprived child.
A great cook as you go for this!!!! I find amazed.

Sarana x

I used to be on a forum that wasn't a cooking forum, but had a single cooking/eating-related subforum.

A lot of the people there could be rather snobbish (about a lot of things, not just food), and I would always stand up for the occasional post about someone enjoying canned ravioli or Hamburger Helper, etc.

These people could be brutal in their judgment, so just as a little thumb in the eye, I changed my signature line to, "Sometimes, Only A Big Mac Will Do." :)

Cheers to all my fellow forum members who like the odd bit of "garbage food," there's no shame in it. :okay:

Bella I find strange, you great chef an make great food for husband an you. I see picture you make an see a beautiful dish!!!

Sarana x

I think it's nostalgia , I can explain. A bit of a sad story though so I put it in spoilers.

I told my story here before, that my parents starved me when I was a kid. Well, my grandma tried to make up for it so every time I visited her I got spoiled with food and she would take me to Mcdonalds at least twice in the time I stayed. I think I still like it because of the good memories it has for me.

I used to be on a forum that wasn't a cooking forum, but had a single cooking/eating-related subforum.

A lot of the people there could be rather snobbish (about a lot of things, not just food), and I would always stand up for the occasional post about someone enjoying canned ravioli or Hamburger Helper, etc.

These people could be brutal in their judgment, so just as a little thumb in the eye, I changed my signature line to, "Sometimes, Only A Big Mac Will Do." :)

Cheers to all my fellow forum members who like the odd bit of "garbage food," there's no shame in it. :okay:

Also indeed I want to add for Saranak ;

Most great chefs who work in kitchens barely have time to eat because they are at work all the time. The chefs I have known ALL eat fast food frequently because when the shift ends at 01.00 at night it's often the only thing available where I live.

If we lived in beautiful Italy I am sure we as chefs would never eat fastfood, but here there isn't a 24hour food culture like that.

I think it's nostalgia , I can explain. A bit of a sad story though so I put it in spoilers.

I told my story here before, that my parents starved me when I was a kid. Well, my grandma tried to make up for it so every time I visited her I got spoiled with food and she would take me to Mcdonalds at least twice in the time I stayed. I think I still like it because of the good memories it has for me.
Bella please forgive me, I no wish offend. I some time forget my self an my words.

Sarana x

Also indeed I want to add for Saranak ;

Most great chefs who work in kitchens barely have time to eat because they are at work all the time. The chefs I have known ALL eat fast food frequently because when the shift ends at 01.00 at night it's often the only thing available where I live.

If we lived in beautiful Italy I am sure we as chefs would never eat fastfood, but here there isn't a 24hour food culture like that.
Bella I make food for you what ever time it is.

Sarana x

Back
Top Bottom