Favorite Movies

:ohmy: I think possibly if I put together a list of my least favourite movies...
I've tried watching it a couple of times, because MrsT likes it so much, but I just don't like it.

Apart from it being a musical, which I don't care for, it's those kids that really get under my skin. They're so...smug?...smarmy?...precious? :laugh:

My wife grew up about 90 minutes from the family lodge in Vermont, so she loved going over there. I used to refer to them as the von Clap-Trapps. :)

The R&H collection includes two versions of Carousel, The King and I, Oklahoma, The Sound of Music, South Pacific and two versions of State Fair (1945 and 1962). One of the versions of Carousel is Fritz Lang's original French language version with English subtitles.

This morning's movie is to be "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly."

Later today, it will be another long one, "Hawaii" with Max Von Sydow, Julie Andrews and Richard Harris.

Repulsion is one of my favorite movies.

Repulsion has some grizzly cooking scenes - a dead cooked, but moldering Rabbit, Potatoes growing shoots and a plate full of something at a restaurant that the woman won't eat and the man tells her "You can't eat that. Let's go to ..." and a refrigerator with mostly eggs in it, but largely empty, otherwise.

Of course, that suitor winds up dead in a bath tub full of water, but not from something he ate. He should have known that a guy who smokes should not force a kiss on a woman who doesn't. Of course she hurried home to wash her mouth out with tooth paste. He was the wrong flavor and indigestable for her.

And then, there's that old woman at the beauty parlor who claims that men only want one thing, to be spanked and given sweets, having one of the beauticians go fetch her a sweet roll.

Last edited:
This morning's breakfast movie is a very interesting one "The Naked Prey" with Cornel Wilde. This movie is a favorite of mine.

Later today, my considerations will be "The Professionals" and another favorite comedy "The Russians are Coming, The Russians are Coming."

Another day, another movie. Breakfast first, with Alfred Hitchcock's "Torn Curtain."

Later, I plan on another in the James Bond series of movies "You Only Live Twice."

If possible later, I've got a great movie with Audrey Hepburn and Ephram Zimbalist Jr., "Wait Until Dark." If you've never seen this one, it is worth your while - a thriller.

Oh wonderful, it's mid-December. Is that the Ides of December?

No, I'm not about to say I've got a Julius Caeser movie up for today.

For Breakfast, I've selected "The War Wagon" starring John Wayne and Kirk Douglas.

Later while I fool around with Dakotas Quiche, it'll be "Bullitt" with Steve McQueen. Don't you just love that car chase?

Finally, while glued home during another round of pandemic lockdown, "Hang 'Em High" starring Clint Eastwood, the last in his series of Spaghetti Westerns.

Later while I fool around with Dakotas Quiche, it'll be "Bullitt" with Steve McQueen. Don't you just love that car chase?

I remember "The Dakotas". First time I came across Jack Elam (1920 - 2003). I think that I may have most of the episodes on disk.

I have the entire collection of Rogers and Hammerstein musicals. They are fantastic.

Which ones do you like the most? I love musicals. Haven't been to a live show in forever. Ages ago, I got to see Sally Struthers (from "All in the Family") as the Principal in a stage play of "Grease" in Chicago. She had some kind of accident and was in a cast but she didn't miss a beat.

Which ones do you like the most? I love musicals. Haven't been to a live show in forever. Ages ago, I got to see Sally Struthers (from "All in the Family") as the Principal in a stage play of "Grease" in Chicago. She had some kind of accident and was in a cast but she didn't miss a beat.
My favorite R&H would have to be State Fair and Oklahoma. Oklahoma has a lot of choreography going on in it which makes it very vibrant.

Reactions: mjd
I remember "The Dakotas". First time I came across Jack Elam (1920 - 2003). I think that I may have most of the episodes on disk.

Dakotas Quiche is a planned Turmeric Recipe Challenge Entry that I will be working on today.

The series "The Dakotas", I have never seen. Is it good?

Dakotas Quiche is a planned Turmeric Recipe Challenge Entry that I will be working on today.

The series "The Dakotas", I have never seen. Is it good?

It's very dated. Early 60s. The series was cancelled after 19 episodes because?

I enjoyed it.

But I was only 15.

Back
Top Bottom