Favorite Movies

Life is so much fun in these days of Pandemic. I need to do some calisthenics and do a neighborhood walk about. All this sitting around is a pain.

But for the Breakfast movie, while I wait for the VA to open so I can talk some rehab hand control modifications to my truck, I'll be watching "Hell In The Pacific", a wonderful Lee Marvin WWII movie that absolutely surprised me the first time I saw it.

No work on Recipe Challenges today. So, I plan to watch later "Night of The Living Dead." And for the late night movie, an absolutely great movie western, "Once Upon A Time In The West."

I've just now (well, for the last 2¼ hours) watched "The Conspiracy Theory" with Mel Gibson, Julia Roberts and Patrick Stewart. It's still good. I may watch "Ronin" or "Long Good Friday" again tomorrow.

It's Breakfast Movie Time. Today's breakfast movie is "Planet of The Apes", the first episode of the original 1968 version.

It's go cheap on food day as I have to spend the day doing laundry. So while waiting on it, I'll be watching the 1968 version of "Rome and Juliet" starring Olivia Hussey and Leonard Whiting. This was a well done rendering of the Shakespearean classic.

Later in the evening, I've chosen to watch "Where Eagles Dare."

I've just now (well, for the last 2¼ hours) watched "The Conspiracy Theory" with Mel Gibson, Julia Roberts and Patrick Stewart. It's still good. I may watch "Ronin" or "Long Good Friday" again tomorrow.

I decided upon "Leon, The Professional" with Jean Reno (also of Ronin) and a young Natalie Portman.

"Romeo & Juliet..." in 9th grade (14yo), we went on a school trip to an artsy-fartsy movie house to see that. We had to have a written permission slip from our parents because of the nudity (two seconds of his bare butt, two seconds of her bare chest), and I faked my parents' signature because I knew there was no way they'd let me go.

"Romeo & Juliet..." in 9th grade (14yo), we went on a school trip to an artsy-fartsy movie house to see that. We had to have a written permission slip from our parents because of the nudity (two seconds of his bare butt, two seconds of her bare chest), and I faked my parents' signature because I knew there was no way they'd let me go.

Let me see ... That makes you 11 years younger than I am. Did you enjoy the movie and have you seen it again??

I’ll watch this later in the afternoon
My fave of MPs

Let me see ... That makes you 11 years younger than I am. Did you enjoy the movie and have you seen it again??
Yes and yes! I also just watched Olivia Hussey in "Black Christmas," a nice little Christmas-themed slasher, with Margot Kidder, Kier Dullea, and Andrea Martin in an early dramatic role.

You all make me think of funny memes I've seen. I'm assuming your forgery was a bit less obvious. ;-)

k1 (2).jpg

The age difference may be off - it's a 1968 film, but it was 1980 when we went to see it (part of literature class). I'm 54.

I've picked a wonderful movie for this morning, "The Battle of Britain", a classic. I'll follow up on that with another classic WWII move, "The Bridge at Remagen."

Later, the evening movie I've chosen will be the next James Bond movie, "On Her Majesty's Secret Service."

It's off to the grocers this morning, but before I go (I get up early, it's 2:49am), I will watch a classic Western, "McKenna's Gold."

Later, I have selected Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin in a Musical Western, "Paint Your Wagon." I really like the heck out of this movie. "Hand me down that can of beans. I'm throwing them away."

Westerns today? Why not? The late nighter I picked is a Sam Pickinpah classic, "The Wild Bunch."

Back
Top Bottom