Favorite Movies

Sometime today, the extreme Flight Day movie will be "Robinson Crusoe On Mars."

The breakfast movie today is "Marnie."

Later today, I'll be watching "The Night of The Iguana." I like this movie a lot. What has that got to do with the price of rice in China? Not a thing.

The breakfast movie today is "Marnie."

Later today, I'll be watching "The Night of The Iguana." I like this movie a lot. What has that got to do with the price of rice in China? Not a thing.
I really want to watch "Marnie", but am struggling to find it in good quality here in Portugal.

I got curious and looked up what the first surviving film ever made was. It dated to 1888, "Roundhay Garden Scene." This lasted only 2.11 seconds in duration.

Eadweard Muybridge started laying the groundwork for cinematography in 1878 with his "Horse in Motion" photo series. Muybridge also made an early cinema device in the late 1880s.

The earliest movie I have in my collection is dated 1916, "The Bandit's Wager." This movie was included as a featurette (special feature) on the Criterion DVD movie, "My Darling Clementine."

Last edited:
This morning's movie is "The Train" with Burt Lancaster. This is one of only two movies I know of that addresses the historical recovery of Nazi looted Art during WWII. The other is "The Monuments Men."

Later today while working on the Recipe Challenge and consuming it, "Zulu" with Michael Caine and possibly, Clint Eastwood's 2nd Spaghetti Western "For a Few Dollars More" will be the picks for the day.

The choice of movie this morning is "Cincinnati Kid" starring Steve McQueen.

Later today, the 4th James Bond Movie, "Thunderball" will do while preparing my third Recipe Challenge entry and this evening, a really fantastic movie that perhaps, many have never heard of "Repulsion."

If you've never watched "Repulsion" before, I highly recommend this thriller.

The choice of movie this morning is "Cincinnati Kid" starring Steve McQueen.

Later today, the 4th James Bond Movie, "Thunderball" will do while preparing my third Recipe Challenge entry and this evening, a really fantastic movie that perhaps, many have never heard of "Repulsion."

If you've never watched "Repulsion" before, I highly recommend this thriller.
Repulsion is one of my favorite movies.

For breakfast today, the movie is "The Sound of Music" with Julie Andrews.

Later today while doing another Recipe Challenge, I'll be watching "Von Ryan's Express" and if there is time, the late movie will be "Fantastic Voyage" with Raquel Welch.

Later today while doing another Recipe Challenge, I'll be watching "Von Ryan's Express" and if there is time, the late movie will be "Fantastic Voyage" with Raquel Welch.
The Sound of Music is one of my favorite movies, so good!

That and "The Ten Commandments" tie as my wife's favorite movies.

We were on holiday in Austria in the 1990's and had the nicest, sweetest tour guide showing us around, and she'd taken us to some estate or whatever where they'd done some of the filming. Apparently, it's privately owned, but people were allowed to walk parts of the grounds.

MrsT was telling her how much she liked the movie, and how she was thrilled to be standing in the midst of one of the filming locations, and she must have impressed the tour guide, because she grabbed her hand, said, "Follow me!," and they pushed through a hedge onto the private grounds, where some scene was filmed (something to do with a gazebo, maybe? I've never seen the movie) and allowed her to get a quick pic of that.

That and "The Ten Commandments" tie as my wife's favorite movies.

We were on holiday in Austria in the 1990's and had the nicest, sweetest tour guide showing us around, and she'd taken us to some estate or whatever where they'd done some of the filming. Apparently, it's privately owned, but people were allowed to walk parts of the grounds.

MrsT was telling her how much she liked the movie, and how she was thrilled to be standing in the midst of one of the filming locations, and she must have impressed the tour guide, because she grabbed her hand, said, "Follow me!," and they pushed through a hedge onto the private grounds, where some scene was filmed (something to do with a gazebo, maybe? I've never seen the movie) and allowed her to get a quick pic of that.

The Gazebo scene was a love scene involving the eldest daughter and a young man who was a messenger boy. This clown later turned pro-Nazi spat and that was that.

Back
Top Bottom