Favorite potato crisps/chips

I have made my own, and they were good, but to me, not worth the time, effort and mess when Kettle makes chips I really like that I can get from a bag.

CD
Doggers mate when you invest the time and effort into growing six varieties of potatoes. These are late crop Desiree drying in the shed before being put in sacks for the winter. There was one other tray full behind. The chip/crisp fryer is top left under the black bag. So I find buying a sack of spuds from Licka (also Desiree) and converting them into whatever we want healthy and fun.

They also do feta cheese flavour for the same market.
Thanks for a brilliant idea, I can set my processor to medium to create a thicker crisp and make a sort of feta,olive and anchovy dip. Now Epic mate think of a compelling argument I can use on she who must be obeyed AKA Countess Calorie.NB what about making a spread out of above and slathering it on soft white bread the sandwiching the crisps of better still oven chips. NB1 how is the reduced carb diet working ?

My absolute favourite crisps are these...Bret's Aioli flavour:
125g-a-oli-recto-495x400_1.png

Sadly they are incredibly hard to get hold of....impossible in the UK, and even in France we've only seen them in one or two shops :cry:

My second favourite is any paprika flavoured crisp....for some reason they don't seem to be that popular in the UK, but I've loved them ever since I first discovered them as a student in Austria. Luckily there are a popular flavour pretty much everywhere in Europe so I can easily get my fix whenever we're on holiday.

For standard UK flavour crisps I like salt & vinegar best.

I am a sucker for Lay's regular potato chips, and for the ruffled.

I haven't really liked any flavored potato chips I've tried... but then again I've never seen either oregano or paprika chips in my area... those I would surely try, and especially the oregano, I'd probably love.

Don't like the Kettle, baked types of chip. Too healthy or something... I've always known that if I ever have to do salt restrictions, all potatoes in any format but Yukon Golds will be off my diet too... and I'm not otherwise much of a user of salt.

. I've always known that if I ever have to do salt restrictions, all potatoes in any format but Yukon Golds will be off my diet too... and I'm not otherwise much of a user of salt.

Here you can get 'salt 'n shake' crisps. They have a little sachet of salt included but no salt or any flavouring added. They taste pretty good without adding the salt. Especially if you add your own herbs or spices instead.

Last edited:
I enjoy any crisps tbh. Although they are generally rather calorie heavy.

I don't know why, and I'm sure there is no real difference, but those crisps that have folded over a bit like you fold an omelette over always seem to taste better.

I don't know why, and I'm sure there is no real difference, but those crisps that have folded over a bit like you fold an omelette over always seem to taste better.
...and that's precisely why I sort mine. I save those for last.

I am a sucker for Lay's regular potato chips, and for the ruffled.

I haven't really liked any flavored potato chips I've tried... but then again I've never seen either oregano or paprika chips in my area... those I would surely try, and especially the oregano, I'd probably love.

Don't like the Kettle, baked types of chip. Too healthy or something... I've always known that if I ever have to do salt restrictions, all potatoes in any format but Yukon Golds will be off my diet too... and I'm not otherwise much of a user of salt.

Kettle cooked chips are not baked, they are fried. They just use a healthier oil, and higher temperature, so the chips don't absorb as much oil. That also gives them their extra crunch.

CD

Reactions: mjd
Here you can get 'salt 'n shake' crisps. They have a little sachet of salt included but no salt or any flavouring added. They taste pretty good without adding the salt. Especially if you add your own herbs or spices instead.

As I mentioned before, I found that it took about one bag for me to get used to the unsalted Kettle chips I eat all the time now.

CD

I think it is universally agreed that the foldovers ate the best -- especially with dips.

CD

Back
Top Bottom