30 g/~100 ml chopped spring onion​
2-3 minced cloves of garlic​
Rest of the ingredients

450 g Salmon, Rainbow trout or Arctic char fillets​
40 g (small bit) Parmesan​
1 red chili, deseeded​
lime juice (2-3 teaspoons)​
Preparation
Cut the skinned fish fillets into 1,5-2 cm wide strips, grate the Parmesan (40 g/~100 ml), crush or grate the garlic and slice the spring onion into tiny shreds.
Prepare the spice mix: mix the olive oil, lime juice, maple syrup, salt, roasted onion flakes, dill seeds, jalapeño flakes, turmeric, thyme, fenugreek and black pepper and fry them on a skillet/frying pan for 1-2 minutes on medium heat. Add the spring onions and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes more. Take aside and drop off the mix in a bowl. Don’t wipe the pan. Toss the fish strips in the spice mix and fry them for ~2 minutes; sprinkle the rest of the spice mix on top. Turn the strips around, sprinkle the Parmesan on top and fry for 1-2 minutes. Take aside and let the cheese melt and the fish cook 2-3 minutes further on the hot pan. Serve with flour tortillas, minced chili, squeezed lime juice, tzatziki/sour cream and veggies or accompaniments of your choice.

tort_a.png

Last edited:
Lovely colours and spicing - the Parmesan took me quite by surprise though!
A bit unconventional, I know - but I love Parmesan and I think it works with salmon and in tortillas as a lighter substitute for quesadilla cheese sauce. (Extra flavor comes from that although the cheese is sprinkled on top, some bits hit the bottom and get a nice crispy/fried texture.)

Back
Top Bottom