Five facts about you.

Wyshiepoo

Veteran
Local time
10:28 PM
Five facts about you. Obviously don't put anything down that could identify you etc.

1. I have photoptarmosis. An uncontrollable fit of sneezing, usually short, when I move from a dark room to bright sunlight. I can even set myself off looking up at a light bulb.
2. I am Cross Dominant. My left hand is my 'delicate, writing hand', my right hand is my power hand. It also gives me a limited amount of ambidexterity.
3. I have blue eyes and pale skin, I burnt easily in the sun when a youngster. Annoyingly I burnt, blistered, peeled and then went white again.
4. I have never broken a bone.
5. I used to be an amateur archaeologist.

1. My Mum was totally blind from before I was born.
  2. I'm synaesthetic.
  3. I like bird watching.
  4. I have greenish eyes with an orange ring around the pupil and little black flecks.
  5. I lead a double life (sort of).

Are we allowed to question people about their facts, Wyshiepoo?
Don't see why not.

Synaesthesia? Very interesting.

I remember reading about one of the great composers, can't remember which one, who had synaesthesia. He would often shout to the orchestra "MORE BLUE, MORE BLUE" as he saw the music as swirling colours.

I remember reading about one of the great composers, can't remember which one, who had synaesthesia. He would often shout to the orchestra "MORE BLUE, MORE BLUE" as he saw the music as swirling colours.

That was Liszt - funny that, because this is the second time Liszt has come up today for me.

1. I play a variety of musical instruments
2. I've never seen the movies "E. T." or "Raiders Of The Lost Ark" or "Gone With The Wind" or "The Wizard Of Oz."
3. I shave my...underarms.
4. I've never dated anyone younger than me.
5. I have misophonia*.

*Medical science can't agree on whether it's a "real" condition or not, but I'm not self-diagnosed, as my doctor was the one who suggested it, so I'm going with it. Morning Glory - some think it's may be related to synesthesia.

1. I have broken bones... several. Lots of stitches, and a concussion, too.
2. I've driven about a dozen different models of Ferraris. No, none of the injuries above happened while driving them.
3. I am right handed, but left eyed (use left eye for shooting photos and guns).
4. I was a lifeguard in High School.
5. I'm a cancer survivor.

CD

1. I play a variety of musical instruments
2. I've never seen the movies "E. T." or "Raiders Of The Lost Ark" or "Gone With The Wind" or "The Wizard Of Oz."
3. I shave my...underarms.
4. I've never dated anyone younger than me.
5. I have misophonia*.

*Medical science can't agree on whether it's a "real" condition or not, but I'm not self-diagnosed, as my doctor was the one who suggested it, so I'm going with it. Morning Glory - some think it's may be related to synesthesia.

I had to look Misophonia up. A bit of a pain no doubt.

Blue eyed white boy.
Honest and loyal
Great work ethic
Family man
Should have died in 2006. Ruptured oesophagus. 10 days in coma.

caseydog I knew you had mentioned that before. My mum has a breast off way back and lived with us another 10 years. I f$&@&$@ hate that word. We have a saying here Kia kaha, stay strong. !!

Russ

1. My Mum was totally blind from before I was born.
  2. I'm synaesthetic.
  3. I like bird watching.
  4. I have greenish eyes with an orange ring around the pupil and little black flecks.
  5. I lead a double life (sort of).

Are we allowed to question people about their facts, Wyshiepoo?

I too like bird watching. :)

Russ

What form of synaesthesia do you have?

If you don't mind me asking?

Letters, words and numbers have fixed colours and some have textures and shapes. I discovered its inherited 'cos I once told my Mum about it (this was after I had grown up) and she said she had always had it too. I then asked my sister - she has it more markedly than me and sees 3 dimensional arrangements in space as well as colours, shapes. Then I asked all 4 of my kids - and they all have it. In fact in my youngest son's case its very extreme and actually interferes with his functioning sometimes. He sees colours & shapes for music (as well as words, letters etc.) and some types of music are really disturbing for him to listen to.

Funny thing is you grow up thinking everyone else has it (until you find out they don't) and its impossible to imagine not having it because its so 'unconscious' and immediate. No thinking required - a letter, number etc. just is that colour.

Back
Top Bottom