Five facts about you.

Bolas de fraile and Harry Cobean the brothers from hell. That's a long time ago. Did I upset you as Monks Balls ?

. I thought I recognized that pic you posted as the avatar on DC so went looking, though I had a little tickle in my mind before that you were familiar. How's Harry?

you loved my potstickers.

Hell no, you both were extremely funny! Margi (under a different name) was also here when I first joined.
Thank you. We both had various illnesses, so we concentrated on getting better rather than the internet. We are very close so when the doctors at first told me that they could do nothing for me John had a break down. His mental illness was worse than my cancer. We are both back to as near normal as two old farts can be. It's a pleasure to meet up again.

Thank you. We both had various illnesses, so we concentrated on getting better rather than the internet. We are very close so when the doctors at first told me that they could do nothing for me John had a break down. His mental illness was worse than my cancer. We are both back to as near normal as two old farts can be. It's a pleasure to meet up again.

Glad you are both better! We always enjoyed the banter.

Glad you both are doing better!

So you guys know each other from elsewhere? Slightly confused...

From what I've read it can be really problematic - have you always had it? At least my synaesthesia it not a problem at all - in fact I can't imagine how grey the world would seem without it.
Yup, I've always had it. I'm particularly sensitive to pops, clicks, and beeps. They don't need to be loud to be extremely off-putting.

The normal things in the house that beep (microwave, tumble dryer, etc) that beep when they're done drive me absolutely up a wall. If I'm running the dryer for a 20 minute cycle, for example, I can naturally tell when it's at about 18 minutes, and I'll go in and shut it off before it can beep. Sometimes I'll miss it, but not often.

It can be problematic to the extent that it's very startling when a noise like that goes off unexpectedly. Several years ago, MrsTasty got a new pair of prescription sunglasses, and the case was a spring-loaded one that snapped shut and made a little popping noise as it closed.

She'd just gotten them and I didn't know about the case, and she went to put them on while I was driving, snapped the lid shut, and it was such an unexpected noise, I drove off the road, down into the ditch, and nearly wrecked the car.

I've known several people with synesthesia, and they've all been in some kind of arts/creative career (musician, artist, designer, etc).

Mate, How long ago was it.?

From 2011to 2013 when you, Harry/John, Bucky Tom got fed up with that Margi woman and the mod that had her nose up margi's hind end, and the 3 of you quit posting. Craig and I did too for a while. Bucky Tom eventually went back for a while, and was here for a while as well.

From 2011to 2013 when you, Harry/John, Bucky Tom got fed up with that Margi woman and the mod that had her nose up margi's hind end, and the 3 of you quit posting. Craig and I did too for a while. Bucky Tom eventually went back for a while, and was here for a while as well.

Must have been before my time, there. Non't know who Margi is -- or who Harry was.

CD

Back
Top Bottom