Flaunt your omelette here!

My preference is to not have any brown on my omelettes (or frizzled edges on my fried eggs), but, hey, itā€™s an egg, Iā€™ll still eat it!

You mean browned eggs? Brown eggs (brown shells) taste the same as white. šŸ˜Š

I don't mind if the outside of an omelette is a bit brown so long as the interior is 'soft and custardy' to quote teamfat.

My preference is to not have any brown on my omelettes (or frizzled edges on my fried eggs), but, hey, itā€™s an egg, Iā€™ll still eat it!
I agree with TR. Browned or frizzy eggs taste burnt to me. When I get eggs at a restaurant I usually get poached. That way they canā€™t get burned. BUT I like runny yolks and many times I get hard boiled yolks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Using up things before we leave tomorrow, so a nice mid-week cooked breakfast:

IMG_6145.jpeg
IMG_6146.jpeg

Sorry for the somewhat sloppy pics, but I was under the gun to get on an early meeting.

Anyway, red pepper, onion, potato, and cheese, and folded twice instead of just flopped over once.

This is a Hong Kong style Prawn Egg Foo Young which is sort of an omelette, though I keep mine a bit loose rather than really crisp it up so it's halfway like scrambled. I originally tried to copy this from a restaurant dish I ate that contains XO sauce, which is a kind of chili made with dried scallops and it tastes absolutely amazing, but since my kids don't eat spicy food, I leave it out and add the XO as a condiment.

IMG_4117.jpg

That sounds pretty good to me!
An omelette with fried potatoes, crispy onions, tomatoes and cheese is my go-to meal for when I'm going to be out for a while and don't know where my nest meal is coming from. Love the addition of chorizo.

Back
Top Bottom