Food Abominations

How could they possibly be gross if they make wine? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I'd love to see you try to get juice out of a raisin.

My dad used to say that when referring to people who owed him money and didn't pay him back: "I'll never be able to get any juice out of that raisin."

Well you´re probably right, raisin haters. :laugh: :laugh:
There is, however, a particularly delicious wine from Italy called " Amarone". the grapes are, basically, dried for 4 months, and then converted into wine. Not exactly raisins, but close, because the grapes lose at least 40% of their humidity in the process.
I have actually drunk Amarone (well there aren´t many things I haven´t drunk) and it is a delicious wine.

There is a wine from cold climates called Icewine, or Eiswein. Canada is the top producer of it. They harvest the grapes after the first freeze. It is expensive, but it is really good. It is a sweet wine, so it is considered a dessert wine.

CD

I prefer the German Eiswein the best.

We had gotten some really expensive Eiswein years ago when a big liquor store was going out of business. We also got a bottle of Cristal and a couple of other big ticket wines as everything was at least 50% off, with some up to 75% off.

We were having dinner at another foodie couple's home and, among other things, brought the Eiswein for dessert. We had previously told them about how it was supposed to be a special wine and getting it at the store's sale, which they had also gotten a few nice bottles at as well. Unfortunately, the husband had an accident when he was opening the bottle and broke the neck off. We all looked at each other and all said at the same time versions of let's use a coffee filter to strain it into a measuring cup so we can drink it. It was fantastic and the woman and I loved it. The guys liked it, but it was a bit sweet for them. They both preferred big reds.

I prefer the German Eiswein the best.

We had gotten some really expensive Eiswein years ago when a big liquor store was going out of business. We also got a bottle of Cristal and a couple of other big ticket wines as everything was at least 50% off, with some up to 75% off.

We were having dinner at another foodie couple's home and, among other things, brought the Eiswein for dessert. We had previously told them about how it was supposed to be a special wine and getting it at the store's sale, which they had also gotten a few nice bottles at as well. Unfortunately, the husband had an accident when he was opening the bottle and broke the neck off. We all looked at each other and all said at the same time versions of let's use a coffee filter to strain it into a measuring cup so we can drink it. It was fantastic and the woman and I loved it. The guys liked it, but it was a bit sweet for them. They both preferred big reds.

I've never had German Eiswein. I got the Canadian Icewine for free from an advertiser in the magazine I worked for. We did a review of the wine, and they sent me a case of different Icewines. I took them to my home studio to photograph, and they never made their way back to the office. :D

CD

I had it with mustard sauce and still hated it!
I had a boyfriend in high school who was half Mexican. His mom made tripe soup one night when I was over for dinner. It was awful. I ate all the broth and vegetables and skipped the chewy stuff, LOL. I didn't know what tripe was at the time.

I had a boyfriend in high school who was half Mexican. His mom made tripe soup one night when I was over for dinner. It was awful. I ate all the broth and vegetables and skipped the chewy stuff, LOL. I didn't know what tripe was at the time.
Isn't that menudo?

Back
Top Bottom