Food budget thread

We’re a town of 12K people, and we have…five dollar stores in town - three Dollar Generals, and one each Family Dollar and Dollar Tree.
I travel a lot to rural areas for work, and I often see this at the Dollar General:
Amish buggy at DG 1.jpg
Amish buggy at DG 2.jpg

Been living in Berlin since I'm born and now I've got 6 different supermarkets, in 15 minutes of walking, 3 of them are just 3 minutes away. 5 out of 6 are discounters, the last one also sells better quality food items and has a fresh meat butchery.

All of them have different sales every week

I figure it is the location. Ours is in a very pricey zip code, I'm surprised they even built it. It is always clean, and the meats, bakery and produce departments are as good, if not better than my closest Kroger store. It only the Deli department that is below par.

Here is a shot of the beef at the Walmart in Frisco. The stuff in the center is USDA Prime. There's also some nice Certified Angus Tomahawk steaks in there.

IMG_2257.JPG

CD

Although born in Yorkshire, I rarely skimp on food products. Given that, my wife is always on the lookout for special offers.

Lager beer is a different matter. All the brews here are crap but tolerable so I buy the cheapest available (currently ฿585.00/12 x 640 ml bottle case (c. US$17.20)). I know folks who spend double that on the same crap but in a different bottle. Face, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom