Food in bed

When we have time off, 1 of us will make 2 mugs of tea to take back to bed to sup before starting the day.

2 story house here too, no food taken upstairs, unless visitors. Our boudoir is upstairs as well. Week days we eat downstairs. Weekend I make wife scrambled eggs with bacon and a hot chocolate. Sunday she makes me crumpets and tea. Couldn't tell you last time I served my wife brekky in bed. Just doesn't work in our house. Come to,think of it, last time I served brekky in bed was about 25 years ago before I built upstairs. Our room was just up the hall by the kitchen.

Russ

So, do you eat downstairs at the weekend as well? I take it those are breakfasts you're describing - what do you have on weekdays?

I grew up in a 2 storey house and anyone in the family who was unwell would have had their meals brought to them. I haven't eaten in bed for a long time. My children used to bring me breakfast in bed on Mothers' Day until hubby objected to the crumbs.

I grew up in a 2 storey house and anyone in the family who was unwell would have had their meals brought to them

That reminds me of my childhood too - there was a special wooden 'bed tray' which had folding legs and could be unfolded the provide a mini table to go on top of the bed. I was in bed with glandular fever for many weeks at one time and ate all my meals off the tray.

The only time I can remember eating and drinking in bed was when I was mistakenly admitted into hospital for the night. Boiled rice with pork (so they said) and a four pack of beer.

That reminds me of my childhood too - there was a special wooden 'bed tray' which had folding legs and could be unfolded the provide a mini table to go on top of the bed. I was in bed with glandular fever for many weeks at one time and ate all my meals off the tray.

I have a hospital "tray" which I use for my laptop on the stoep.

stoepworkstation-s.jpg

So, do you eat downstairs at the weekend as well? I take it those are breakfasts you're describing - what do you have on weekdays?

I grew up in a 2 storey house and anyone in the family who was unwell would have had their meals brought to them. I haven't eaten in bed for a long time. My children used to bring me breakfast in bed on Mothers' Day until hubby objected to the crumbs.

All meals are eaten downstairs. Some weekend brekkys are on the decking by our French doors. Bacon n eggs etc.

Russ

Upstairs also has a large balcony with French doors as well, but carrying everything there is too time consuming. I like an easy life,lol.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom