Food in bed

That reminds me of my childhood too - there was a special wooden 'bed tray' which had folding legs and could be unfolded the provide a mini table to go on top of the bed. I was in bed with glandular fever for many weeks at one time and ate all my meals off the tray.

We didn't have one of those in my childhood, but we do have one in my current family, although we don't use it in bed for reasons given in an earlier post.

No food, no tv whilst in bed :headshake:
This. We have a very strict rule of the bedroom is for sleep only. It comes from me having a sleeping disorder as a result of my childhood bedroom being a refuge from my family and the issues we had .
So the bedroom is only for sleep and the dining room table (or the table on the veranda ) are the only place we eat, except for snacks on the sofa watching a film or something at most twice a week .

I have a hospital "tray" which I use for my laptop on the stoep.

View attachment 20745

The table "top" has suffered recently probably because of the high humidity; it's only plastic covered chipboard. I called at the bookshop where I bought it and their current stock is limited to a spindly alternative for ฿999.00 (about £25.00). When I had the new kitchen installed in 2014, I kept the cutouts which were necessary for the sink and gas hob so I got my woodworker mate to use one of those to replace the top. He charged me ฿200.00.

I don't eat meals in bed, not even when I am ill. But I have a TV in the bedroom, so sometimes I will eat some chocolate or candy while watching TV. But nothing that easily breaks or leaves crumbs, because I loathe crumbs in bed.

Another resurrected old thread.

I rarely eat at my kitchen table. I either eat at my desk in my home office (in front of my Big Mac), or eat in bed, with my MacBook on my lap.

CD

Until recently, my table was my bed, with a piece of wood over it.

Now, my table is in the proper place in the dining/living room and would not eat in bed or on my bed. TV is in the dining/living room too, as will be my studio setup.

No, not really. I prefer to get up and get my circulation going, out of the horizontal position. My blood pressure is low particularly in the morning, and I feel much better getting up or seated at least.
Lunch is at home on the weekends, dinner too, always at the kitchen table, as it serves as a dining table too, it is a tiny flat.

Snacks either in front if the laptop or standing or seated elsewhere...

My kid eats chocolate or snacks after a meal in her bed in her room, which I do not like, but am not too strict. Advise not too, and if garbage like choc wraps are not picked up, she gets a minus on her 'deserved a new T shirt or alike' list. And it takes 10 pluses (doing laundry, cleaning sink etc) to fix a minus.

However meals in bed is a strict no no.

I do have snacks in bed, no "proper meals" though.

Sitting in bed while reading while drinking a cup of hot black tea or eating ice-cream is heaven on Earth :happy:

I think I'm so opposed to it because I don't like being in bed overall. When I wake up in the morning, for example, I'm out of the bed like a cannonball, and the idea of lounging around in bed doing anything other than sleeping or, um, not sleeping (wink wink, nudge, nudge, say no more... 💋) kind of makes my skin itch.

I think I'm so opposed to it because I don't like being in bed overall. When I wake up in the morning, for example, I'm out of the bed like a cannonball, and the idea of lounging around in bed doing anything other than sleeping or, um, not sleeping (wink wink, nudge, nudge, say no more... 💋) kind of makes my skin itch.

I hate going to bed... and then hate getting up. :laugh:

CD

I hate going to bed... and then hate getting up. :laugh:

CD
I love going to bed, I look forward to it immensely. I'll even clock-watch, or, when we start the last TV program of the evening, I'll hit the remote button so that it displays the end-time of the show, and then I'll think...10:12PM...show ends, quick check of forums, and then off to bed!

Back
Top Bottom