Food in bed

Breakfast, never. I may not be fully awake, but I'm waiting for the coffee to kick in.

However, occasionally, if it is not a complicated and potentially messy meal, I may well eat something in bed towards the end of the day. Usually a snack involving cheese slices or such. Some exceptions.

BTW. there is no TV in my bedroom. By design.

Breakfast, never. I may not be fully awake, but I'm waiting for the coffee to kick in.

However, occasionally, if it is not a complicated and potentially messy meal, I may well eat something in bed towards the end of the day. Usually a snack involving cheese slices or such. Some exceptions.

BTW. there is no TV in my bedroom. By design.

I seldom watch TV and eat a meal, in bed or otherwise. If I watch a movie, I'll often make popcorn. I do have a 42-inch TV in my bedroom, but only because I got it for free. My parents moved up to a bigger screen, and offed me the old one. I'm not going to turn that down.

If I am eating in bed, it will generally be something like a sandwich. No steak and baked potato. My MacBook will be on my lap, and I'll probably be at this forum, or on YouTube.

CD

We have a TV in the bedroom, specifically put there when my wife spent the better part of a year confined to the bed.

Since then, the only time we ever turned it on was when leaving the house, just to give the dog something to listen to.

I do not have a TV at all in my flat. Did not want one. Still do not want one.
I didn't have a TV for 4 years. Now that I have one, usually I only turn it on once a week when and if I'm ironing :laugh: Once I've spent so long without touching the TV I even forgot how to turn it on :laugh:

I didn't have a TV for 4 years. Now that I have one, usually I only turn it on once a week when and if I'm ironing :laugh: Once I've spent so long without touching the TV I even forgot how to turn it on :laugh:

We didn't have TV for about 5 years when I was young. Admittedly it was 66 years ago!

We didn't have TV for about 5 years when I was young. Admittedly it was 66 years ago!
8 or 9 years ago when I moved out and went to live alone, the only reason why I got a TV was that my younger siblings wouldn't visit me if they couldn't watch TV. When that TV broke I didn't have money to buy a new one and went sans TV for a long time. I really don't know why I bought a TV again. I felt like I wanted to watch TV but I never watch it. Truth be told, here in Portugal an internet package with TV included is much cheaper than a standalone internet package.

8 or 9 years ago when I moved out and went to live alone, the only reason why I got a TV was that my younger siblings wouldn't visit me if they couldn't watch TV. When that TV broke I didn't have money to buy a new one and went sans TV for a long time. I really don't know why I bought a TV again. I felt like I wanted to watch TV but I never watch it. Truth be told, here in Portugal an internet package with TV included is much cheaper than a standalone internet package.

I rarely watch TV as such, snooker and Formula 1 are exceptions.

However, I watch many movies and TV series on my computer. Does that count?

I think it counts, yes.

So, do you watch television programs and/or films on the internet using the computer?
For many years, no. Couple months ago, frequently (one or two movies per week), nowadays rarely.

Doesn't your kid complain?
No, not at all. She uses Two smartphones(how did we end up with two🙈🙄), an iPad ,and for school an old computer and my laptop occasionally. We have a wifi at home, so she gets loads of content,even too much...
She is not much of a movie person...and I see movies 3-4 times a year, pre Covid we would go to a movie theater with her friends 1-2 x a year for a cartoon...but it is too loud, too straining for the eyes, the sequences too short,so we do not miss it that much...
We can watch a movie on the laptop, but rarely do so.
News is online...so there is no reason for us to get a Tv...
Once her foot heals, she will be back into athletics, and school,there is not much time for Tv either...
She spends 4-5 hours with her Dad daily,and he has Tv, so if anything is missing, she can make up.

I seldom watch TV and eat a meal, in bed or otherwise. If I watch a movie, I'll often make popcorn. I do have a 42-inch TV in my bedroom, but only because I got it for free. My parents moved up to a bigger screen, and offed me the old one. I'm not going to turn that down.

If I am eating in bed, it will generally be something like a sandwich. No steak and baked potato. My MacBook will be on my lap, and I'll probably be at this forum, or on YouTube.

CD

I generally only eat slices of cheese or other sliced items in bed. Smoked salmon (rarely), or hot soprosatta sausage. Anything messy or that requires more than fingers (assuming not messy, like pizza is messy), nope.

I don't like popcorn. I know, it is is anathema, but I don't really care for it. I'll eat it - I don't hate it, but I'm not ever buying it for personal home consumption.

I do not have a TV at all in my flat. Did not want one. Still do not want one.
I bought a TV and installed it. However, I don't yet have either an antenna for reception, and cable hasn't reached this part of my landscape. It was on sale at BJ's for next to nothing and I got the floor display one, as it was being discontinued. It does turn on and work, but it is there waiting for me to care enough to get the antenna, or to wait long enough for the eventual cable arrives here (I WANT cable - satellite phone and WiFi is driving me nutso, moreso than my natural state of being).

TBH, I have yet to plug the DVD player into it.

PS: BJ's is a warehouse discount facility, just like Costco. It is the only one close to my current home. So the TV had a discount already plus the discontinued thing, plus being the store model --- didn't mind bringing that home.

I tend to watch documentaries and movies on my phone in bed while dropping off to sleep. Shut it down and finish watching the next day.

I do most of anything involving actual activity on my part on a real laptop, with a good keyboard to hand. Finger pecking on a phone or a Kindle is ridiculous!

Back
Top Bottom