Foods you love in some forms and hate in others

mjdlovescooking had to google it, I never heard of that show!

It's quirky humor. He is a former cop on leave because his wife died. He has some kind of OCD that drives everyone around him bonkers but gives him the unique ability to see a crime scene and figure it out. It is so funny! Shaloub is fabulous in it (he's very talented actor). It's on my watch list for those days when I just need to unwind and laugh out loud!

I never thought about what milk smelled like. I’ve had it so many times in so many forms, I never thought about it until now. I think I’m going to have to go smell some milk soon. LOL

About five or so years ago, I tried organic milk -- I liked the long shelf life, since I hate having milk go sour before I can finish it.

Wow, was I blown away. It tastes so much better than the commodity milk. And, it doesn't have that slightly sour milk smell.

I'm also a sucker for a glass of chocolate milk -- organic, of course.

CD

My husband is a little like the people mentioned before, he said he can't digest olive oil a year after meeting me. I told him he ate olive oil almost every day, and then he said 'oh I guess you don't use it the wrong way then'. He also said he hated onions, which I also told him he had eaten almost every day. I apparently don't do it wrong with onions either. He used to hate tomatoes too, but now he likes the way I cook them etc. So now, he has no list of things he does not eat, exept boiled potatoes which I can't really perk up either.

I don't like the smell of milk and I don't like drinking it plain, but it's fine as a sauce base or basically in any cooked dish for me.
I only like tomatoes when they are cooked, unless they are very sweet premium tomatoes. I only like onions when they are cooked, I never eat them raw because I keep tasting them for a day after.

Otherwise I just like most foods no matter how they are prepared.

How did I forget potatoes and carrots? I like them but can't eat them pureed, actually I don't like anything that has a puree-like consistency.

Eggs: I don't like them fried because I don't like a runny egg yolk.

Windigo I absolutely love onions in all forms and shapes but they're very aggressive to my stomach. As I'm on a low FODMAP diet I cut onions from my diet.

Morning Glory oh no. Whenever I eat a fried steak with egg at a restaurant I carefully remove the white and give the fried egg yolk to someone cause if the yolk spills into my steak and my fries I'm not eating any of that!

How did I forget potatoes and carrots? I like them but can't eat them pureed, actually I don't like anything that has a puree-like consistency.

Eggs: I don't like them fried because I don't like a runny egg yolk.

Windigo I absolutely love onions in all forms and shapes but they're very aggressive to my stomach. As I'm on a low FODMAP diet I cut onions from my diet.

That must be difficult at times! I don't have any dietary restrictions since my surgery fortunately, though leafy greens don't go well and raw carrots or cabbage also are a no no. But that's easily dealt with.

Morning Glory oh no. Whenever I eat a fried steak with egg at a restaurant I carefully remove the white and give the fried egg yolk to someone cause if the yolk spills into my steak and my fries I'm not eating any of that!

Can't you order your eggs scrambled? I'm okay with a runny yolk, but my favorite eggs are scrambled -- in butter. A restaurant should cook your steak and eggs the way you want them cooked. I would just tell them I want my steak medium rare, and my eggs scrambled.

CD

Can't you order your eggs scrambled? I'm okay with a runny yolk, but my favorite eggs are scrambled -- in butter. A restaurant should cook your steak and eggs the way you want them cooked. I would just tell them I want my steak medium rare, and my eggs scrambled.

CD

I'm not sure if I will like a scrambled egg would go well fried steak and chips. I like the fried white at any rate and there's always someone who likes the yolk, so not all is lost.

Nope. I will eat it because it's one of my wife's favourites, but I no longer enjoy it. Garlic prawns I used to love but not so anymore. It's not the taste, it's the texture I don't like. For some reason I can't explain, cold cooked prawns in a sandwich or prawn cocktail are fine.

Maybe you should try garlic shrimp. :wink: :D

CD

Back
Top Bottom