Friends in the Kitchen

Meet Ruby - She was with me as I learned how to cook. See was my faithful kitchen assistant. Sadly, I had to put her down a year ago but we had a great life together.

Do you let your pets in the kitchen?

Havnt had a pet in 20 years, we are never home, but I do have a visitor cat every night for his tea,lol. I don't know who feeds him when we are away.

Russ

I used to let the dog in but he was well trained (he is now with my son). I also used to let cats in when we had them. But the one thing I simply cannot understand or allow under any circumstances is cats being permitted to jump onto kitchen surfaces. After all, you wouldn't go outside and then walk all over your kitchen counter wearing your outdoor shoes. Nor would you scratch around in a litter tray and walk on the counter. Yuk!

I used to let the dog in but he was well trained (he is now with my son). I also used to let cats in when we had them. But the one thing I simply cannot understand or allow under any circumstances is cats being permitted to jump onto kitchen surfaces. After all, you wouldn't go outside and then walk all over your kitchen counter wearing your outdoor shoes. Nor would you scratch around in a litter tray and walk on the counter. Yuk!

We are lucky that our cat doesn"t jump onto the kitchen work surface. Don't like her in the kitchen with me because is constantly under my feet and I worry I may trip over her whildt carrying a pan of hot water or suchlike.

0426FFB9-8DDC-4E88-9EF6-AC5E29BDD937.jpeg
Meet Ruby - She was with me as I learned how to cook. See was my faithful kitchen assistant. Sadly, I had to put her down a year ago but we had a great life together.

Do you let your pets in the kitchen?
Sorry for your loss - they leave a gaping hole when they go, don’t they? These two little tykes are constantly on patrol around the kitchen - I tend to drop stuff quite often.

When we first met, Karen didn't warn me about the shrimp thief cat! I learned the hard way while peeling raw shrimp at the sink. Cat jumps up on the counter and in a flash the shrimp in my hand was gone and she was off with her prize.

Actually, it was the pass through into the dining room. But, after we moved into our house, the sink was on a peninsula dividing the kitchen area and the family room. She would jump up on the counter behind the faucet and "help" Craig with cleaning shrimp and freshly caught lobster, as well as when he cleaned and filleted the fish we speared. You had to watch her though, she was fully armed and her swiping would sometimes leave red, dripping streaks on your hands and fingers.

Actually, it was the pass through into the dining room. But, after we moved into our house, the sink was on a peninsula dividing the kitchen area and the family room. She would jump up on the counter behind the faucet and "help" Craig with cleaning shrimp and freshly caught lobster, as well as when he cleaned and filleted the fish we speared. You had to watch her though, she was fully armed and her swiping would sometimes leave red, dripping streaks on your hands and fingers.

Sounds very vicious. Cat we had was a sook, followed me everywhere. She was always at the front door when I got home. Lived until about 20. Her ashes were spread where she used to lie in the sun.

Russ

i didn't realize you had lost her. I'm very sorry to hear that: pets are family. :(
Thanks for the kind thoughts. Ruby was a grand ol girl and a perfect companion. Her favorite was always EGGS. I was not allowed to eat a plate of eggs without giving her some. Usually, more than some. :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom