Giant Isopods, would you, or wouldn't you?

Yes or No?

• Total voters

Windigo

Kitchen witch
Local time
11:26 AM
Website
www.instagram.com
A 14-legged giant isopod is the highlight of a new dish at a ramen restaurant in Taipei and it has people queuing up—both for pictures and for a bite from this bowl of noodles.

Since the The Ramen Boy launched the limited-edition noodle bowl on May 22, declaring in a social media post that it had “finally got this dream ingredient,” more than a 100 people have joined a waiting list to dine at the restaurant.
230530112256-isopod-ramen-taiwan.jpg

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article-food-and-drink-giant-isopod-ramen-intl-hnk

Right, I didn't notice you don't eat those! Well, I give you credit for sticking to your principles. Is it because of religion, or do you not like shellfish in general?
To quote my dad, “I don’ eat nuthin’ from God’s toilet!” :laugh:

I'd eat a giant isopod, given the opp.

Hmmm, let's see, yesterday I bought a frozen cuy. That's a Peruvian guinea pig. It is waiting in my freezer for me to cook up sometime when a certain friend of mine will be over and we can cook it together. Neither of us have tried this before.

Where would I find giant isopods?

I think WC Fields said, "I don't drink water. Fish swim in it." Same idea, Tasty??
Yep! He took one look at a crab and said, “That’s nuthin’ but a water spider, and I ain’t eatin’ no spiders!”

The weird thing is…my dad is pretty hardcore hillbilly. Rural Kentucky born and raised, didn’t move to Ohio until he was 16, and that’s where so much of his personality comes from.

His dad…was 10 times the hillbilly he is, former sharecropper, tobacco farmer, that sort of thing, but my grandad, god love him, he was a real fish out of water. Dressed like a dandy, always managed to have a “strange” car (for this area, like an Austin-Healy or a frog-eyed Triumph - imagine that running through the hollers of south-central Kentucky!), and he would try anything he could get in his mouth.

When his daughter moved to Florida (he was probably 70 at the time), he couldn’t wait to get down there and try all the “exotic” stuff he’d heard about, like scallops, lobster, oysters, etc. He’d eat anything.

Dad wouldn’t even eat spaghetti, because it was “furrin’” - foreign.

It my nightmares? 😱 :laugh:

I'd eat a giant isopod, given the opp.

Hmmm, let's see, yesterday I bought a frozen cuy. That's a Peruvian guinea pig. It is waiting in my freezer for me to cook up sometime when a certain friend of mine will be over and we can cook it together. Neither of us have tried this before.

Apparently they're currently only for sale in Taiwan

I was always teased a bit for not eating meat. When I said to people " I don't eat meat", I'd usually get raised eyebrows and " what on earth do you eat, then?", as if man might live by meat alone.
I find it rather amusing now that folks tell me they won't touch fish, or seafood, or prawns, or certain vegetables or certain cheeses. I'll eat them ALL, without exception.
When we took a trip to Barcelona a few years ago, we went to a place called "El Passadis de Pep". No menu - you get 9-10 dishes of the Catch of the Day. We ate the lot .Here's a selection:
Passadis del Pep - arroz con chipirones.jpg
Passadis del Pep - Caracoles del mar.jpg
Passadis del Pep - Navajas.jpg
Passadis del Pep - xonxos.jpg

Back
Top Bottom