Giant-Screen TV!!!! Who Else Has One?!!

A friend of mine bought giant flat screen not too long ago for his living room. He also bought a sound bar & wireless subwoofer to go with it!! It sounds just like a movie theater!!

I once had a surround sound system connected to the tv through the stereo receiver. It sounded great, but all of the small sattelite speakers had to be connected by wires. It was a pain!! :whistling:

That's my system upstairs, no cables since earthquakes. I'll get a guy to come fix it after carpet goes down.

Russ

Nice room, I too set up my room upstairs for sound as well. I bought the best setup going when I put it in maybe 15 years ago. 5 speakers with surround sound. TVs doesn't go through the sound system. I've never bothered setting it up. How did you get the tyre? Size? Mine are 245 X 19s. Great talking point!

Russ

My customer/friends at RAC Performance replace tires on exotic cars all the time. I just watched the discard pile until this huge tire came up. This one is a 335/30 X 18. :ohmy:

CD

A friend of mine bought giant flat screen not too long ago for his living room. He also bought a sound bar & wireless subwoofer to go with it!! It sounds just like a movie theater!!

I once had a surround sound system connected to the tv through the stereo receiver. It sounded great, but all of the small sattelite speakers had to be connected by wires. It was a pain!! :whistling:

When I had my current house built, I prewired for 5.1 Surround, and put a large conduit in the wall to allow more wires if needed in the future. My receiver can do 7.1, but I didn't see the value, so I didn't do it.

My speakers are all Klipsch -- made in Hope, Arkansas.

Audio Speakers | Klipsch

CD

When I had my current house built, I prewired for 5.1 Surround, and put a large conduit in the wall to allow more wires if needed in the future. My receiver can do 7.1, but I didn't see the value, so I didn't do it.

My speakers are all Klipsch -- made in Hope, Arkansas.

Audio Speakers | Klipsch

CD

I'll,get pics when I go up, just home from car repairs, mechanic is ordering heater hoses that are leaking. They tightened transmission sump bolts. All were loose. So On my way! leak fixed another found. Car booked in next week.

When I built upstairs in 92 I had sky cables pit in every room down and upstairs. Never thought I'd go loud speakers at the time. I'll settle for cables. There's two big ones like that site you posted and three smaller.

Russ

When I built upstairs in 92 I had sky cables pit in every room down and upstairs. Never thought I'd go loud speakers at the time. I'll settle for cables. There's two big ones like that site you posted and three smaller.

I have 4 metre long cables for my two "surround sound" speakers so that they may be re-positioned should I want surround sound.

My rear speakers are mounted to the ceiling. That's why I prewired the house during construction.

CD

When I built my place 20 years ago I'm not sure that surround sound was available (or even known about) here in the sticks. If I had known, maybe I would have installed the necessary cables (but I doubt it).

I would suggest to buy a 5.1 sound system which really makes a difference!

For that, you have to put speaker wires all over the place. I wont want that. plus you'd have to have a working stereo system. Too much work & money!! :whistling:

Last edited:

This is what I have for the TV in the bedroom. Works great!!

Back
Top Bottom