Giant-Screen TV!!!! Who Else Has One?!!

TCL worth considering for a decent price:
D0DE41BC-4932-4ADC-A4C3-3AA0AEBCB8E4.jpeg

Now, hardly any station goes off the air. But I wish that those paid programs would!! :mad::headshake:
Me too. What’s that song, “300 channels and nothing on.”
Wife works 12 hr GY shifts at USC Keck and will sleep marathon stints on her days off.
Insists the TV on while she sleeps. Hummingbirds of the Mojave on Animal Planet is usually the kind of program on.

My TV is 42 inches. No need for anything bigger here, as I don't watch it much. And the space it is in wouldn't support more of a size.

I could have put a huge one on the wall one sees when one walks in, but I just don't think that would be aesthetic. I'd rather the artwork I have there.

My TV is 42 inches. No need for anything bigger here, as I don't watch it much. And the space it is in wouldn't support more of a size.

I could have put a huge one on the wall one sees when one walks in, but I just don't think that would be aesthetic. I'd rather the artwork I have there.

42 downstairs and just bought a new 55 for upstairs, various other sizes throughout the house. The 55 is an lg brand and was $1200

Russ

42 downstairs and just bought a new 55 for upstairs, various other sizes throughout the house. The 55 is an lg brand and was $1200

Russ

The 42 is in the living room, and I have something like a 32 or 36 in the guest bedroom. Nothing in mine, although sometimes I'm found late at night trying to drop back off to sleep watching homesteading or foodie videos on my phone, from YouTube.

The 42 is in the living room, and I have something like a 32 or 36 in the guest bedroom. Nothing in mine, although sometimes I'm found late at night trying to drop back off to sleep watching homesteading or foodie videos on my phone, from YouTube.

Wife has a I think 36 inch in our bedroom, I'm not allowed anywhere near it. It has her programmes she watches if she goes to bed early. I wouldn't know how to even turn it on.

Russ

:mad:I just had cable TV, Internet & a phone line installed & connected!! No more Amazon Fire Stick!! won't work any more!! Got so sick of that not working any more!! You get what you pay for!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Well, the Disney Streaming offer came in and it worked out to be $6 a month.
Wife likes the National Geographic programs it will offer so we bit. I'll wager the low cost is to get folks to bite, then eventually offer premium programing of some sort for extra cost.
Disney doesn't let anyone roll for cheap.

Curiosity Stream is cheap and great if one likes documentaries.
Those frescos of ancient Pompeii programs hold my attention.

We have a 55" one in the living room that's probably 10 years old. I buy things and then use them until they stop working - I don't need the latest and greatest.

We also have a 33" one in the bedroom. I put that up in 2010, when the missus spent the majority of year bed-bound. Now the only times it's on is when we leave the house and turn it on for the dog to listen to.

I also have a wee 19" above the bar in my little pub. It's really there for show more than anything else. It's not hooked up to anything, not even an OTA antenna.

That said, we love watching TV. I could happily sit on my backside and watch TV from the time I get up until I go to bed, and the wife is pretty much the same.

We have a 55" one in the living room that's probably 10 years old. I buy things and then use them until they stop working - I don't need the latest and greatest.

We also have a 33" one in the bedroom. I put that up in 2010, when the missus spent the majority of year bed-bound. Now the only times it's on is when we leave the house and turn it on for the dog to listen to.

I also have a wee 19" above the bar in my little pub. It's really there for show more than anything else. It's not hooked up to anything, not even an OTA antenna.

That said, we love watching TV. I could happily sit on my backside and watch TV from the time I get up until I go to bed, and the wife is pretty much the same.
Same here. That Sony WEGA, the first HD Sony produced wouldn't die. Then the bulb puked and a new bulb cost the same as a new set.
We can now watch YouTube on the new set. Often the most interesting thing on.

The TV pictured on the previous page should've came with it own surround sound system for that high hefty price!! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom