Giant-Screen TV!!!! Who Else Has One?!!

Sony flat screen..jpg

Here's my 1st flat screen TV. it still works great, but it's not a smart TV.:wink:

I have a small 21-inch HD flat screen. When I lived on the other side of town, it was fine for the bedroom because it was the size of a baby's room, but now it is too small because the bedroom is bigger.

The14-y-o 20- inch analog had died last year, so I had to use the 21-inch flat screen. As time went on, the small flat screen had become sort of obsolete and Out-dated in size and with only a few features - very few!!

So realizing this, I decided to make the big giant jump to a giant-screen smart tv that's loaded with just about every gadget know to mankind!! This TV is kicked up to notches unknown to mankind, & it's a good brand also!! it even has the operating manual programmed right into the unit on the screen!!! No wonder there was no instruction manual with it on paper!!! :wink:

Lol, my wife's tv in the bedroom.....the remotes are on her side. I don't touch them, if I did I would push the wrong button and stop recording something. I don't tempt fate.

Russ

Just recently bought a curved 55 inch tv. Very impressed with the pic as it upscales to HD as best as it can.
In what feels like a previous life I was a TV repair tech. I think I started in the mid 70's when thermionic valves were inside tv's.

Back then anything over 19-20 inches was regarded as a big screen. I remember the switch from 405 lines to 625 lines. You could actually see the gaps in the lines if you were close enough.

My young ears could actually hear the line whistle of 10.125 KHz /15.625KHz.

Polk Mini Surround Sound System..jpg

I'm contemplating adding some stereo sound to the new TV. using this Polk mini surround sound system to give it wide stereo surround sound & some extra deep floor-shaking thundering bass!!! :wink:

Last edited:
I've ordered & received the new Polk Mini Surround Sound System (pictured above), hooked it up & now it enhances the sound of the TV to give it a luscious sounding home theater stereo system!!

Thunderous floor-shaking bass and sparkling rich highs!! TV has never sounded better!! The powerful rich downward-firing 6- 1/2 inch subwoofer gives powerful sound almost like an earthquake!!!! :wink:

Last edited:
Shermie I have a top of line stereo but hasn't been used since the quakes, it used to shake the Windows. I need to get it fixed. Wife and I were just discussing tvs last night. We decided we're getting a new 55 when on special again. Last time we saw them at 899? We should have grabbed it then. The 55 upstairs will go to the lounge downstairs and the 42 into granddaughter 9 yo bedroom. She has her own room here. The 3 boys share another room.

Russ

Shermie I have a top of line stereo but hasn't been used since the quakes, it used to shake the Windows. I need to get it fixed. Wife and I were just discussing tvs last night. We decided we're getting a new 55 when on special again. Last time we saw them at 899? We should have grabbed it then. The 55 upstairs will go to the lounge downstairs and the 42 into granddaughter 9 yo bedroom. She has her own room here. The 3 boys share another room.

Russ

Yeah, there's nothing quite like watching a giant-screen TV in the bedroom!! Makes it look & sound like a giant screen movie theater!! :wink:

Yeah, there's nothing quite like watching a giant-screen TV in the bedroom!! Makes it look & sound like a giant screen movie theater!! :wink:
Bedroom has a 30? Inch, I never watch, it's the wife's baby. Her and her programmes. Cooking programmes are kept in the lounge sky decoder upstairs.

Russ

Don't stand too close to the screen. I just watched Poltergeist again for the umpteenth time yesterday. They're Here. lol. That movie still scares me. Anyone still remember static, a test pattern, and the Star Spangled Banner playing when TV stations went off the air?

Don't stand too close to the screen. I just watched Poltergeist again for the umpteenth time yesterday. They're Here. lol. That movie still scares me. Anyone still remember static, a test pattern, and the Star Spangled Banner playing when TV stations went off the air?

What I do remember in the UK many years ago was a commentator waking me up stating "You've forgotten to turn your television off". My initial reaction was "how does he know?"

Doh!

What I do remember in the UK many years ago was a commentator waking me up stating "You've forgotten to turn your television off". My initial reaction was "how does he know?"

Doh!

:peekaboo: :unsure::laugh:

Back
Top Bottom