Giant-Screen TV!!!! Who Else Has One?!!

Don't stand too close to the screen. I just watched Poltergeist again for the umpteenth time yesterday. They're Here. lol. That movie still scares me. Anyone still remember static, a test pattern, and the Star Spangled Banner playing when TV stations went off the air?

Now, hardly any station goes off the air. But I wish that those paid programs would!! :mad::headshake:

I'm contemplating adding some stereo sound to the new TV. using this Polk mini surround sound system to give it wide surround sound & some extra deep floor-shaking thundering bass!!! :wink:

Rooting through some old boxes I came across some Acer brand new computer speakers which came with the replacement desktop. As they are powered (by USB) I thought they may improve the sound from the bedroom flatscreen. I bought the necessary adaptor (twin phono to female jack) and fitted them.

The sound is a little clearer but not a lot.

acer speakers s.jpg

55 inch upstairs bought about 8 years ago, recently saw an ad here for a 65 inch for $999.
Think I might be updating.?

Russ
Can you get anything bigger than a 65in screen?

I just looked at our local dealers site and they have a 100" available if you are willing to part with €65,000.

View attachment 28580

Jesus!!!! Would've sat right there!!! I thought that my new one was expensive. It doesn't even scratch the surface!!! You must have a monster-size living room!!! Unless you like living large!! Hah!! :headshake:

Last edited:
I bought the 55 inch lg in the end, $1250 , very nice tv, remote has a thing that connects to the tv. Like a pointer thing. Wave remote and it starts the marker on screen. Takes a while to get it right.

Russ

78BEED5F-A9CE-4079-B990-E64B20F2F29D.jpeg
28746568-0BC8-48E1-AE3A-9593DCE01CB4.jpeg
I’m that guy that checks out the big screens at COSTCO waiting for the price to drop. Just idle on by pushing my cart with a gallon of Kirkland salsa.

Dumb luck the new QLED LGs hit the market and the existing LGs 50” were on blow out for $300!
I got the last one. COSTCO is a you snooze you lose deal place, it won’t be there tomorrow.

We put in the master bedroom in the RV.
COSTCO warranty is for 7 years and if you don’t use it you get your $43 back.
Taking it off power save mode and clicking on the brighter cinema setting brought out detail and way more colors.
The difference I’m told is the Qled has billions of colors the Uled has millions of colors. I saved $1400.

The RV came with the TCL in the living room and it’s not a bad TV at all. Good picture, talks to the surround sound Bluetooth with sub bass and amazing sound. The give back is it has restricted internet access. It’ll run most streaming ok but TCL wants $4.99 a month for full web access.

The Other brands have full web access no fees.
Heads up on that and hold that thought. The TCL price is tempting.

Wooo, just felt another earthquake. And another.
News reporting 4.7.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom