Glazed ham for Easter, family dinner.

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
11:45 PM
It's prepped and in the oven, I will start it at 4 o clock. I'm also doing a salad, kids are bringing stuff as well. We have this every year at Easter and new year.
The fat is checkered but you won't see it until it starts cooking.
I big hit here later tonight.

Russ

I'm not sure. It came with the ham. I didn't buy it... I didn't cook it. It was pretty sugary.

CD

We can't get it with the ham, we have to make our own. The leftover glaze sauce goes with leftover ham, butcher just took two meals home including the left over glaze.
I'm picking you could pick up a precooked ham with glaze???

Russ

We can't get it with the ham, we have to make our own. The leftover glaze sauce goes with leftover ham, butcher just took two meals home including the left over glaze.
I'm picking you could pick up a precooked ham with glaze???

Russ

The hame is cured and baked/roasted. You just need to heat it up in the oven. The glaze comes in a small packet. This one was a dry granular mixture that looked the same as turbinado (raw) sugar. My dad mixed it with hot water, and brushed it on the ham for the last 30 minutes in the oven.

The ham itself was quite good. I could barely taste the glaze.

We have a place in Frisco called Honey Baked Ham Company (a national chain). Their hams are very good.

Home To The Legendary Honey Baked Ham

CD

The hame is cured and baked/roasted. You just need to heat it up in the oven. The glaze comes in a small packet. This one was a dry granular mixture that looked the same as turbinado (raw) sugar. My dad mixed it with hot water, and brushed it on the ham for the last 30 minutes in the oven.

The ham itself was quite good. I could barely taste the glaze.

We have a place in Frisco called Honey Baked Ham Company (a national chain). Their hams are very good.

Home To The Legendary Honey Baked Ham

CD

Thanks for the link. We don't have anything like that here. Big country vs small country I guess.
Sleep tight after your trip.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom