Recipe Gluten Free/Dairy Free Lasagna(Easily Made Vegan And Tomato Free)

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
12:18 PM
gluten free dairy free vegan lasagna tomato free.jpg

Ingredients:
1 cup sauce (Tomato or Tomato-Free Sauce)
1 box gluten free lasagna noodles (DeBoles or Tinkyada) 10oz
1 block Vegan Gourmet Mozzarella Cheese (enough shredded to cover top, about 1/3 to 1/2 the block)

Tofu Mixture:
1 package silken tofu (14oz)
1 cup sauce (Tomato or Tomato-Free Sauce)
1 tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried basil
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup shredded spinach (optional)

How to prepare:
  • If using Tinkyada, boil the noodles for 10 minutes (Tinkyada says 15-16 min but this is way too long) or until done. Drain, rinse with cold water and lay out flat before they crumple and/or stick together.
  • If using DeBoles No Boil, skip the previous step.
  • Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl combine the tofu, 1 cup of sauce, parsley, basil, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper (include optional shredded spinach if using). Hint: crumble the dry spices in the palm of your hand before adding to increase their flavor. Use a spoon and stir the tofu mixture until it resembles the ricotta cheese filling of real lasagna. (Do not use shredded mozzarella in the mixture; it will not melt like real mozzarella unless it is broiled on top.) [Notes: don’t over stir or the mixture will become too smooth. If using soft tofu, a whisk may be easier to use to get the correct consistency.]
  • Preheat the oven to 375. (350 for No Boil.)
  • Coat the bottom of a lasagna pan with 1/2 cup of sauce.
  • When the noodles are ready, add a single layer to the pan topped by a layer of the tofu mixture (I used about 2 heaping tbsp of mixture per noodle).
  • Alternate layers until you are out of noodles (hint preserve some of the better [unbroken] noodles for the top). Spread the remaining 1/2 cup of sauce on the top layer of noodles. Bake covered at 375 for 20-30 minutes until heated through. (Or if using No Boil, bake covered at 350 for 40-60 minutes.
  • Start checking at 40 minutes for doneness.)
  • Remove from the oven and cover with shredded soy mozzarella. Place under the broiler and broil – watching carefully until shredded cheese begins to bubble. Remove promptly once the cheese is melted as shortly thereafter it will blacken and then burn. [Warning, if you bake the soy mozzarella on top of the lasagna it may dry out and not melt as much when you broil it, it is better to add after baking.] [You can also use Daiya Shredded Mozzarella, if so, uncover and add for the last 5-10 minutes of baking.]

Enjoy!

http://glutenfreedairyfreenj.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/gluten-free-dairy-free-lasagna-easily.html

Well, I never......I have been seriously considering the vegan way of life but I don't know. I am guessing this is tastier than it looks. This plus the smoothie? I might not be trying this anything soon.

Well, I never......I have been seriously considering the vegan way of life but I don't know. I am guessing this is tastier than it looks. This plus the smoothie? I might not be trying this anything soon.
Not forgetting the pie!!

Back
Top Bottom