Recipe Gluten-Free Flourless Chocolate Cake

Mountain Cat

Veteran
Local time
6:26 PM
Website
goatsandgreens.wordpress.com
I typically only go to the effort of making desserts if I am planning on sharing at a dinner party or some such. I've made this one a couple times to great success.

chocolate-flourless.jpg

At any rate, this recipe source may be found at: Healthier Flourless Chocolate Cake, at DetoxInista.com.

Changes I made: I cooked and served this in a glass quiche pie pan, instead of cooking and decanting from a spring-form cake pan (I don’t own one of those, and don’t wish to). I had to punt when I couldn’t find my honey and use coconut palm sugar.

Prep Time: 15 minutes.
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes.
Rest Time: Let it cool, then chill in fridge (although can be served at room temp)
Serves: 16.
Leftovers: Up to a week in fridge.

GF Flourless Chocolate Cake​

• 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate (typically one bar)
  • 1/2 cup butter from grass fed cows; 1 stick in the US. (Or, coconut oil.)
  • 3 whole eggs, shelled.
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 0.94 cups sugar (coconut palm sugar or brown sugar) + 0.2 cups water (OR if you have the honey, 3/4 cup honey! Yes, I had to find a conversion table…)
Preheat oven to 375 F.

Melt the chocolate and butter together in an oven-safe skillet, in the oven, for 4-5 minutes, don’t let it melt absolutely completely. Pull it out and mix by hand with a spatula. Pour into a mixing bowl and scrape as much out of the skillet into the bowl as possible. (Or, you could technically add everything else to the skillet)

Beat the eggs, add to the chocolate / butter.

Add the cocoa powder and sugar, and mix with a whisk.

Oil and wipe down a quiche pan with a little grape seed (or other) oil.

Add the batter, spreading evenly across the pan.

Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the center feels done (a little firm – it will firm up entirely as it cools).

I made this two days in advance, and stored, covered, in the fridge.

Slice to serve. It seemed popular! While it is relatively low in sugars, it is still VERY rich, so a little will go a long way!

This looks terrific. I tried making a gluten free bread for my brother (who is gluten intolerant), and it was…okay. I want to make this now, whether he’s visiting or not. How was the texture compared to one made with AP flour?

Back
Top Bottom