Recipe Gluten-free Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies!

juulicob

Über Member
Local time
1:57 AM
So I am not vegan, nor do I have any allergies. But my sister can't have flour, so I've been making these for her during family occasions. I just pushed it to vegan just because she loves when things are egg-less. I figured maybe some of you may enjoy this recipe; tweak it and mess around with it! It makes a great rich soft and gooey peanut buttery cookie. I also turned them into bars, or you could use them as raw cookie dough truffles, add them to a pan of brownie batter, etc :D

1 cup of sugar (I did 1/4 brown and 3/4 white, depends on how chewy you like it)
1 cup of peanut butter (I prefer crunchy for the texture, or you can even use cashew butter, or cookie butter like Biscoff)
1 tbsp flax seeds + a few tbsp warm water (mix together - this takes place for ONE egg)
1 tsp vanilla extract (I've been using vanilla bean paste lately, tastes great with this recipe)

Mix everything together in one bowl. It's not necessary to use a mixer, it's very simple and easy clean-up!
It'll be a bit sticky, just refrigerate the dough for about 20 minutes. Then form dough into balls. One inch balls made very thin cookies, two inch balls were just perfect. Slightly flatten the balls with a fork. I usually sprinkle a extra sugar on top before baking. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for only 10 minutes, or less. These are better undercooked than burned. This batch makes about 15-20 cookies depending how thick you like 'em. I don't have any photos of these on my computer right now but hope you like it if you try it out! :)

I'm going to try making these with muscovado (dark brown unrefined) sugar, which I already know goes well with peanut butter. I like the idea of making them in bars. It would be a good item to take out on a long day's hike, providing plenty of energy and nutrition.

Sounds yummy, one of my dear friends is a celiac so has to eat gluten free, I'll have to send this recipe onto her! Sounds like they're delicious whether you're having to eat gluten-free/vegan or not! Best of both worlds!

Back
Top Bottom