Recipe Greek Lemon Chicken with Spanakorizo

Smokeydoke

Über Member
Local time
7:55 PM
Website
smokeydoke-dogeatcat.blogspot.com
This can be made in one-pot or the rice cooker. I love how the spinach, onion and chicken fat perk up the boring rice.

spanakorizo.jpg

Ingredients
  • 4 chicken thighs
  • 2 tblsp EVOO
  • 2 tblsp lemon juice
  • 2 tsp lemon zest
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2 white onion, diced
  • 1 tblsp garlic
  • 1 tsp red chili flakes
  • 1 1/2 cup long grain rice
  • 1/2 cup white wine
  • 4 cups spinach
  • feta cheese
  • chopped parsley
Method
  • Marinate chicken thighs with 1 tblsp EVOO, 1 tblsp lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
  • Heat a large pan over medium high heat, add 1 tblsp of EVOO. Place chicken thighs skin-side down and cook until skin is crispy, about 10 mins. Remove chicken to a holding plate.
  • Reduce heat to medium, saute onions, then add garlic and chili flakes. Add rice. Add 2 cup of water, wine and the rest of lemon juice and bring to a boil. Slowly add spinach and incorporate into the rice. Reduce heat to a simmer. Place chicken on top of rice mixture and cook for 40-45 mins, or until chicken is done and rice is tender.
  • Serve with lemon zest, feta and parsley

I am thrilled to see a new face in the Challenge. Keep them coming @Smokeydoke. You would think I would have about six or seven rice recipes since I could eat it everyday and I have cooked it about the same amount of times recently. I have a house guest and it seems he could eat it every day as well. Boring rice- that's funny.

Back
Top Bottom