Recipe Green Smoothie (Apple, Banana, Mushroom, Spinach)

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
6:33 PM
Ingredients
Baby spinach
Mushrooms
Strawberries (frozen)
Banana slices (frozen)
Vanilla coconut milk

Directions
Add all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.
Enjoy

https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2418898

Mushroom Immunity Smoothie

Ingerdients
2 cups fresh made Almond Milk
2 frozen bananas
4 dates(Pitted)
1 tablespoon mushroom powder
Pinch of salt

Like your smoothie sweeter or with more mushroom benefits? Adjust the powder and/or sweetener to your liking.

https://rawmissoula.wordpress.com/2014/05/07/mushroom-immunity-smoothie/

Ok. Answering my own question. Although why people are cutting off mushroom stems in the first place is slightly puzzling. But you need a dehydrator for this one. Would be interested to know if there was another way to dehydrate.
Mushroom Immunity Smoothie

Mushroom Powder
Ever wonder what to do with your discarded mushroom stems when cooking? Try turning them into mushroom powder and throwing them in your next smoothie! This mushroom smoothie has few ingredients and is rich with an almost chocolate and caramel like flavor from the mushroom powder. Simply toss your mushroom stems in a dehydrator and dehydrate till all the moisture is removed, then toss them in a spice grinder till powdered without chunks. Any mushroom or mix of mushrooms will work. Each mushroom has it’s own unique set of flavors and health benefits like immune support.

Although why people are cutting off mushroom stems in the first place is slightly puzzling
Agreed, the are a treat to eat raw as you are cooking, though most of the time I cook them as well. I guess it is the same reason that people don't eat cauliflower stems, broccoli stems, asparagus stems...

I always cooks up the stems too. I never realized that people actually throw them away. Doesn't make sense to me. I have never heard of mushroom powder before before this post. Interesting though. It would be a nice added flavor to smoothies for sure. I don't have a dehydrater though.

I will just admire this from a distance. There are too many things I don't have including the mushroom far less the powder.

Back
Top Bottom