Ground meat salad sandwiches

Backbay

Über Member
Local time
7:01 AM
Seeing Yorky's thread about his ham salad sandwich brought back memories of my mom making ground ham salad or bologna salad sandwiches for lunches in the summer.

She would get out the table top/clamp on meat grinder and grind up either ham or bologna, followed with a grinding of onions and sweet pickles. Sometimes hard boiled eggs were added.

She would then add a few dollops of mayo with a tablespoon of sugar and a dash of apple cider vinegar and mix all together. Spread onto two slices of "wonder bread"... :roflmao::p:

Anyone else have similar memories or variations of the above sandwich ? Would love to hear them....

Admins wasn't sure if i was to reply to Yorky's thread with this since his thread made me think of this, or,start a new thread... thank you.

Admins wasn't sure if i was to reply to Yorky's thread with this since his thread made me think of this, or,start a new thread... thank you.

We love new threads where possible as it creates more discussion and gets more notice from Google. So thanks!

I've never heard of a sandwich like this. I like the idea of everything going through the grinder! Nothing wrong with Wonder bread for certain types of sandwiches IMHO.

Last edited:
We call that "deviled ham" in the south. Lots and lots and lots of different recipes. It was a way to use up leftover ham when everybody got tired of eating it.

We call that "deviled ham" in the south. Lots and lots and lots of different recipes. It was a way to use up leftover ham when everybody got tired of eating it.

yep. Colleen has made it a few times. She'll also do something similar with leftover turkey or chicken

Back
Top Bottom