Haggis and other Scottish Foods

:laugh: I'm studing very hard! And if I will be in trouble, I'll say them "Ken Natton said", and they will say "ok ok, don't add anything else, these are the keys of the city" :thankyou::hug::laugh:

No! No! No! What they will say is - you are a friend of that sassenach?!!! Get out!

Oh dear, now I have to teach you about sassenachs. Bonnie Prince Charlie, Culloden, the whole nine yards! Listen, I'll tell you what, just take them some Italian ice cream. They love Italian ice cream in Scotland.

No! No! No! What they will say is - you are a friend of that sassenach?!!! Get out!

Oh dear, now I have to teach you about sassenachs. Bonnie Prince Charlie, Culloden, the whole nine yards! Listen, I'll tell you what, just take them some Italian ice cream. They love Italian ice cream in Scotland.

Please stop confusing poor @MypinchofItaly. You are confusing me! History is not my strong point.

http://thehaggis.com./wild-haggis-all-about-haggis/

800px-Wild_Haggis.jpg_header.jpg

Mod.edit: posts moved to start a new thread

Also, you can't go to Scotland without trying haggis and chips!
What about cullen skink (haddock and potato soup), scotch broth, cranachan (raspberries and oatmeal dessert) and black bun (fruit cake in pastry)?

(We'll gloss over the deep fried mars bar!)

Cullen skink - another mighty fine dish, and one that you may find more appealing than haggis!

not to mention square sausage and dumpling (clootie) (did we cover clootie?)

Edit: I was born and grew up on the other side of Scotland - the west coast where we also knew which butcher to go to and one of my favourite dishes as a young child (which was a breakfast dish) was fried egg, fried tattie scones, fried mushrooms, fried dumpling and fried square sausage and there was a dedicated frying pan for it all which had cut outs exactly the right size for all of the above!

I've wanted to try haggis again. The first time that I had it, I had a few too many drams to remember it.

Btw, does anyone know if scotch eggs are English or Scottish? That would be something to remember to try.

If you get to Glasgow, try to wear something with green and white horizontal stripes. They'll love you.

Have you guys acroos the pond (both ponds, I guess) seen the miniseries "Outlander"?

It'll help you undestand many of the terms written here, especially sassenach, and some of the history of the Jacobites.

Ok, ice cream. So, when I will be in trouble I'll say "Italian ice cream for all! by Ken Natton!" :D

Back
Top Bottom