Heavy Whipping Cream Alternative

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
12:05 AM
I wanted some heavy whipping cream and mistakenly grabbed a heavy whipping cream alternative.

full.jpg

I'll be giving this a try by making a non-dairy ice-cream with it.

Well, I tried whipping it and it doesn't whip, no matter how high I set the speed on my blender. So, I won't be getting this stuff again.

Well, I tried whipping it and it doesn't whip, no matter how high I set the speed on my blender. So, I won't be getting this stuff again.
Hi Flyinglentris,
Just curious about this product, did you by chance try it as a creamer with coffee or as a substitute for cream in any other recipe? Just wondering since the whipping was a no go if it was a suitable replacement for cream in any other instance?

Hi Flyinglentris,
Just curious about this product, did you by chance try it as a creamer with coffee or as a substitute for cream in any other recipe? Just wondering since the whipping was a no go if it was a suitable replacement for cream in any other instance?

When I bought it, I had intended to use it in food recipes. I didn't get around to that and decided finally to use it to make a sort of non-dairy ice-cream. I did not at first have any apprehensions about its ability to substitute for whipping cream. I thought it could do the trick. But clearly, I was disappointed.

When I bought it, I had intended to use it in food recipes. I didn't get around to that and decided finally to use it to make a sort of non-dairy ice-cream. I did not at first have any apprehensions about its ability to substitute for whipping cream. I thought it could do the trick. But clearly, I was disappointed.
I did a quick check of their website for that product, and they say it can be whipped, but of course, offer no helpful tips.

Back
Top Bottom