Help us choose 'Dish of the month' for August (2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure you can, tarts can be great without eggs but a lightness imo does Trump denser versions for me, so a cream and or a cheese like ricotta for example works well where eggs are omitted, but it still comes down to individual taste.

But, then the Dish of the Month would need to be called savory tarts, not quiche.

CD

But, then the Dish of the Month would need to be called savory tarts, not quiche.

CD
It could be called both: "Savory tarts or quiche". I don't think anyone has an issue with eggs here, do they? So just leave it as quiche then.

Yep, that sounds good, but I´ve got about a thousand salads I could post. What if we narrow it down? For example, French salads, Greek salads, Italian salads, Portuguese salads, Spanish salads??
No, if I make a salad it's going to be my own version and not specific to any country or region, sorry.

Do savoury tarts have to include egg?

No of course they don't.

Yep - I said above that if chosen it would be quiche/savoury tarts. That's fine!

Its a bit like the cat 'thingy' all cats are animals but not all animals are cats. Substitute quiche for the word cat and tarts for the word animal.

I still don't have a clear choice emerging. I can't double count positive mentions from each member. So I will put up a poll. You vote either for quiche/savoury tart or sushi. Only one vote allowed. I'll run the poll until 9.30 am tomorrow (UK time).

I'll add the poll to this thread.

No of course they don't.

Yep - I said above that if chosen it would be quiche/savoury tarts. That's fine!

Its a bit like the cat 'thingy' all cats are animals but not all animals are cats. Substitute quiche for the word cat and tarts for the word animal.

I still don't have a clear choice. I can't double count positive mentions from each member. So I will put up a poll. You vote either for quiche/savoury tart or sushi. Only one vote allowed. I'll run the poll until 9 am tomorrow (UK time).

I'll add the poll to this thread.
I already know quiche/savoury tart will win.

Not trying to influence votes, but for anyone watching their weight there is the 'crustless quiche'. Well yeah, there is... they even sell it in supermarkets here.
Doesn't that turn it into something else, lol?

Quiche - falls in that massive category of things I neither love nor hate.

Sushi - I don’t like fiddly things, which is why I’ve probably posted Asian-style dumplings just the once, and have never posted egg rolls…or samosas…or a Yule log cake…

Not trying to influence votes, but for anyone watching their weight there is the 'crustless quiche'. Well yeah, there is... they even sell it in supermarkets here.

I think they are on a thin pastry base at the bottom.

So they’re like the “seedless” grapes I buy, which still have some seeds in them, just less? :laugh: To me, a bottom crust is still a crust. Maybe by “crustless,” they mean is has “less crust (but still some crust)?” :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom