Help us choose 'Dish of the month' for August (2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quiche - falls in that massive category of things I neither love nor hate.

Sushi - I don’t like fiddly things, which is why I’ve probably posted Asian-style dumplings just the once, and have never posted egg rolls…or samosas…or a Yule log cake…

So they’re like the “seedless” grapes I buy, which still have some seeds in them, just less? :laugh: To me, a bottom crust is still a crust. Maybe by “crustless,” they mean is has “less crust?” :laugh:
Seedless watermelons, LOL! Usually a handful of seeds still there...

Is a crustless quiche just a frittata or a Spanish tortilla?

This is from that Morrison’s link:

With Cherry Tomatoes, Mozzarella and Basil Pesto, on a Shortcrust Pastry Base, Suitable for vegetarians
Are you saying shortcrust pastry base doesn’t count as a crust?

How is that different than the recipe I posted (which actually has a crust of Parmesan)? What am I not understanding?

Its me not understanding - I got confused by the flour as an ingredient in the recipe you posted (not sure why its needed). Technically that recipe is a crustless quiche.

How about meat? I can throw down on some slow cooked BBQ'ed baby back ribs, some chicken or a slow cooked fresh shoulder. I always like to make pulled pork sammies! :whistling:

I think the same thing! But that won't stop me possibly making a 'crustless quiche' for the challenge.

The new August thread is here: CookingBites dish of the month (August 2022): quiche/savoury tart
I understand why bringing more opportunity for people to be involved and that's a good thing for sure. The conundrum I see is in judging a tomato tart for example and say a classic Quiche Lorraine, both would be tasty but not comparable for all intense and purposes. If crustless is allowed for example then a pizza can be a tart. Cheers.

I understand why bringing more opportunity for people to be involved and that's a good thing for sure. The conundrum I see is in judging a tomato tart for example and say a classic Quiche Lorraine, both would be tasty but not comparable for all intense and purposes. If crustless is allowed for example then a pizza can be a tart. Cheers.

Its not a competition. Its just a monthly 'join in and cook' opportunity. No judging involved.

Right lol. I assumed because of the specificity, my mistake, so basically it can be almost anything, sounds good. Cheers.

No not anything :laugh: - its a 'generic' dish that is a savoury quiche or tart. If people want to make one without a crust its fine. We could argue forever about what is or isn't a certain dish but that isn't the point of this 'challenge'. Its simply about getting people to participate. Discussion about whether something is technically a tart, quiche or not, can happen in that thread if members want!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom